Active Topics

Notices

Hello,

I purchased a Nokia 770 two weeks ago and I'm having a great time using it. I installed Maemo Mapper a few days ago and was able to download routes (directly from Nokia) without any problems. Each route had the appropriate waypoints to send me in the right direction.

Today, when I downloaded a few routes (via the 770), the download went perfectly, but I wasn't able to view the turn waypoints in the downloaded routes (source and dest. waypoints appear). A route would load on the screen and show the turns, but there is no waypoint (green dot) to tell me to turn. I sucessfully installed flite and would like to test it out further.

Did I mistakenly change the settings in Maemo Mapper? How can I go back to downloading routes which include waypoints.

I've searched the site, but could not find any info. I even uninstalled Maemo Mapper using this: gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/maemo/maemo-mapper
rm -fr /home/user/.maemo-mapper/

I reinstalled the app and I'm still having problems. Any help would be greatly apppreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by duke nightvision; 2007-10-16 at 01:24.

I am having the same issues. I have just downloaded maemo mapper as i am travelling to the USA from the UK in a couple of weeks and hoped to use it as a sat nav device.

I also have flite added but although it will provide me with a route it does not give me any waypoint informtion. All it says is when I arrive at the destination.

What have I done wrong?

Two days ago, I was able to successfully download maps with waypoints. As of yesterday and today, I am able to download maps directly to the 770, but they are missing the waypoints. Does this have anything to do with the map repository settings? Google maps? The way that the maps are downloaded? Settings on the Nokia 770?

I'm new to all of this so if any veterans of this board could help, that would be great.

It's clear that Google has changed something in their output which has affected gnuite's the GPX directions script. You can see that the XML generated by http://gnuite.com:8080/cgi-bin/gpx.cgi
does not contain any turn descriptions. Wait for gnuite to fix it.

Originally Posted by azak View Post
It's clear that Google has changed something in their output which has affected gnuite's the GPX directions script. You can see that the XML generated by http://gnuite.com:8080/cgi-bin/gpx.cgi
does not contain any turn descriptions. Wait for gnuite to fix it.
Thank you for the answer. You saved me from reflashing my operating system and reinstalling all apps.

I sure wish they'd pick a name for their tokens and stick with them!

Fixed. Sorry for the delay.

Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
I sure wish they'd pick a name for their tokens and stick with them!

Fixed. Sorry for the delay.
Gnuite,

Thanks! I can't wait to jump in my car and test out your excellent program.