the ads just a little bit weird when the the guy try to take photo. at the point, my connection to youtube was stuck, so I end up with a guy with a bloated eye....blahhh...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Both Microsoft and Nokia change their message 180' to the tune of 'specs don't matter, it's what they do that matter'... I wonder why?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
Originally Posted by chase15 View Post
Nokia just published this new video and it is more likely about "mobile computing.. and is it possibly the n900 successor, the n9, will be announced soon??.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KUSFy_sWoo
That ad epitomizes everything wrong that happens at Nokia and why they are in the position they're in.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Both Microsoft and Nokia change their message 180' to the tune of 'specs don't matter, it's what they do that matter'... I wonder why?
Microsoft and specs? I don't follow... are you referring to any particular example?

Originally Posted by mmurfin87 View Post
That ad epitomizes everything wrong that happens at Nokia and why they are in the position they're in.
How, exactly?

Oh I know, they shouldn't emphasize creation and doing things, instead they should play more to the lowest common denominator of blind consumerism and "style over substance!"

Nokia is overestimating the intelligence of most people? Is that what you're saying?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
hmmm...dunno.

different kind of ad though.

they sure do think different on the other side of the pond.
I find it quite similar to the Android ads. Human body compared to the machine, body parts changing...

I don't care about their marketing. They are painfully slow in delivering the ready product.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
Microsoft and specs? I don't follow... are you referring to any particular example?
Oops, must've been thinking of their OEMs
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by ScottishDuck View Post
Great now I can use all those great features on a good OS. Wait, no, I can't.
And Symbian is a bad OS how??? Does it lack.........what shall I call it..........MAKEUP?
It has a fast growing app store including new 3D accelerated games by which most people seem to judge an OS on. Symbian is capable of playing all types of codecs without the need of an app. Qt cross platform framework makes it future proof. Most optimized mobile OS......OPEN SOURCE........the phone that carries it is the most feature rich phone available..........hmmmm

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
And Symbian is a bad OS how??? Does it lack.........what shall I call it..........MAKEUP?
It has a fast growing app store including new 3D accelerated games by which most people seem to judge an OS on. Symbian is capable of playing all types of codecs without the need of an app. Qt cross platform framework makes it future proof. Most optimized mobile OS......OPEN SOURCE........the phone that carries it is the most feature rich phone available..........hmmmm
Symbian sucks because it's not iOS, nokia sucks because it won't adopt android... I can go further, but these are the key points of average consumer's point of view. Former two (Apple and Google) are popular just because of US mainstream media which promotes them to the stars...

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to longcat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ScottishDuck View Post
Great now I can use all those great features on a good OS. Wait, no, I can't.
yeah, you might accidentally multitask and it is really bad thing....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post: