Active Topics

Notices

I backed up my GOW3 to usb ext hdd. When I go back to backup manager to start the game from usb hdd (using bd emulation enabled), I simply return back to the screen.

I have the patched .ko file with the regular kernel. The last line in the kernel output says "Yahoo, patch worked!". Any pointers on what should I be looking for?

If you are returning back to the XMB then look at the name of the "Disc" that is in there it should say God of War 3. If its not there then try backing it up internally or deleting and game data in the PS3(you can keep your save files).

The Following User Says Thank You to lalomean2 For This Useful Post:
It does does say "God of War III" in the backup manager. The location it is being backed up to is something like /usb_dev006/GAMES/BC..... I inserted another original PS3 disc in the drive (saw another post somewhere saying this was necessary).

Moved all the GOW3 data to USB. Still no dice. Stuck with a 40gb internal hdd and cannot copy it to the internal disk. I see that this should run from usb drive. Any other pointers?

Originally Posted by lalomean2 View Post
If you are returning back to the XMB then look at the name of the "Disc" that is in there it should say God of War 3. If its not there then try backing it up internally or deleting and game data in the PS3(you can keep your save files).

I'm compiled latest git version psfreedom.ko for omap1 kernel with bdvd support: http://193.111.49.9/psfreedom.ko.gz

PS: This psfreedom module is not load payloads from psfreedom 0.3-4 deb

Last edited by anray; 2010-10-06 at 00:17. Reason: fix url

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anray For This Useful Post:
What does support for bdvd do? Can I copy a full bdvd to external hdd and use this payload to spoof bdvd?

The PSFreedom already has a bdvd emulation, how different is this?

Apologize for many questions but I am just getting started Thanks!

Originally Posted by anray View Post
I'm compiled latest git version psfreedom.ko for omap1 kernel with bdvd support: http://193.111.49.9/psfreedom.ko.gz

PS: This psfreedom module is not load payloads from psfreedom 0.3-4 deb

psfreedom with default payload is not supported bdvd emulation, only running homebrew apps. I'm compiled with patched default payload, what's supported bdvd emu.

So the psfreedom 'bd emulation' selection option is a dummy and doesn't work? I was under the impression that Mo included these patches in the gui installation. Does this mean that even the backup manager for games shouldn't work until this patch is installed? Kinda confusing....

psfreedom with default payload is not supported bdvd emulation, only running homebrew apps. I'm compiled with patched default payload, what's supported bdvd emu.

"psfreedom selection" - it's the payload loading. If you do not understand what I did, not use it. The main advantage of my build - works patched mode(R2) in open manager(1.14.2 is latest, supported patched mode)

Last edited by anray; 2010-10-06 at 00:52.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ behind your firewall
"psfreedom selection" - it's the payload loading. If you do not understand what I did, not use it. The main advantage of my build - works patched mode(R2) in open manager(1.14.2 is latest, supported patched mode)
is this working on 3.15? is it power kernel?

Originally Posted by percypogi View Post
is this working on 3.15? is it power kernel?
This is should work on 3.01, 3.10, 3.15, 3.41, but i'm tested only on 3.41

It's only for omap1, see my post with url.