Notices

I've just installed knots2 on my ubuntu 10.04 server edition. (I'm pretty much a noob in the linux world) Streaming video with the n900 under the home Lan works really nice. (I've installed the newest VLC version, every profile seems to work nicely though).

Next step i would like to work is streaming video over the 3G network. I've forwarded the port of knots2 and allowed the port in the ubuntu firewall. Connecting over 3G works fine, but when i start playing a video, i just get a black screen without any video or audio (tried different profiles, everywhere the same).

Could this be because i used the newest VLC even though everything works fine when streaming in my home LAN?

Sry, didn't set up the authentication process right. After reading the wiki again, everything seems to be running great (streaming over 3G works like a charm)
Thx ukki for all the great work!

Edit: A little donation is on the way

Last edited by LippiVan; 2010-10-06 at 19:13.

Does anyone know is the custom libsoup package still working with current firmware?

i change my disto to sabayon linux gnome... im having problems installing the dependencies... is there any of you have installed the derver on sabayon or gentoo? need help... thanks

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ ireland
so no one can tell me what problems do i have with my videos?

delbana, do you have a firewall running that blocks the ports 19780-19790? these ports are needed for video playback!

delbana, just click button "External player" under this black window...and video play in VLC player.
This hapen when you use profile-codec, that is not support in you internet browser.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ ireland
it is definetly not firewall as i disabled this

Originally Posted by delbana View Post
it is definetly not firewall as i disabled this
It seems you have the wrong profile selected, make sure you use Browser-profile (select it from the dropdown list).

I made a quick port of the Knots 2 diablo client for Joggler Ubuntu Netbook Remix Edition. It should work on any desktop Ubuntu too. It's still pretty rough (especially some Hildon dialogs), but I may work on it some more.

Short video
Client

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:

Tags
knots, music, streaming, video