Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
i have switched to GiffGaff from Vodafone. After two days of use, i am experiencing dreadful battery drain.

I used to get to the end of the day with a bar or two battery left. I disconnected my phone from the charger at 6am and i now need to put my phone back on charge having hardly used it.

I have very poor/no 3G signal. Could this be the issue? Should i set the phone to GSM only?

If this continues i may have to switch to anohter network with better coverage.

The lack of 3g is likely to be the problem.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
i have switched to GiffGaff from Vodafone. After two days of use, i am experiencing dreadful battery drain.

I used to get to the end of the day with a bar or two battery left. I disconnected my phone from the charger at 6am and i now need to put my phone back on charge having hardly used it.

I have very poor/no 3G signal. Could this be the issue? Should i set the phone to GSM only?

If this continues i may have to switch to anohter network with better coverage.
If it's constantly looking for a 3G signal it will use alot of battery.
My 3G orange signal isn't too good around where I work and I have to keep it in GSM or it'd use most of the battery trying to connect to a non existant (or very weak)3G signal.
It seems looking for the signal, or connecting uses more battery than staying connected.

Off topic: I got a text from orange yesterday to say I was now receiving signal from both orange and T-mobile...maybe I'll get better signal now?!

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
cheers,

i'll try it on GSM mode tomorrow at work, see how it gets on.