Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
dave999 are you crazy?? the people dont upload the file and you put limitations?????? that people upload the file in megaupload or other , dont worry be happy that after i will upload this file in others servers

Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Let's talk about how to break into someone's car and steal their stereo next
This is very bad comparison. The situation could be interpreted more like this:

N900 users: Great, we would like to have this stereo too! Where we can buy it?
Manufacturer: Nowhere!
N900 users: But it is going to come in stores eventually?
Manufacturer: Never!
N900 users: We're very sad, he doesn't care about us, guys! Nor he likes our money. What shall we do? OK, we know that Stskeeps and few other guys got this stereo for free, so let's visit them to make few clones of this great stereo just for ourselves.

I don't support this kind approach, but I understand feelings of misled crowds after Adobe's last year presentation.

Last edited by kolos; 2010-10-08 at 16:35.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post:
Just apply through TI.... I'm waiting but if I get turned down that's fine. It's not like I need flash 10.1 everyday.

It's Nokia that shut us the door not TI. Please don't abuse the good will from TI.

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ivyking View Post
a torrent posted by an anonymous person on a public tracker will make everyone happy (except adobe).
And except Nokia. They need some differences compared to the N900 to sell their new expensive successor.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
there still will be enough differences, and which one of the out-of-the-box-users even knows (or will get to know) the possibility of getting flash 10.1 on your n900.

so lets face it, even if that file leaks, just a very low percentage of the n900s in the world will get flash 10.1 (hope mine is one of them)

The Following User Says Thank You to sirpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I don't really get why everyone is blaming Nokia for this not being on your device. I'm sure there's some bureaucrat somewhere in their system that decided it's not worth it to give the users the upgrade for whatever the licencing costs are, but for f'ks sake, not of you complain about the fact that Adobe is responsible for not just providing a free flash player for mobile devices in the first place.

My opinion on the matter is: You don't get to complain about Flash 10.1 not being on the N900 officially unless you've sent an email to Adobe about their policy in regards to providing free-to-download flash players for online devices.

On another note, can I get some general idea about what you people each said to TI? Because "just fill it out honestly" means absolutely nothing, because "honestly" can be anything from "I want it on my N900 because it's the latest version" to "I am a developer for (company), and am interested in evaluating how well our flash applications will perform on the latest version of Flash on ARM-based Linux devices, so that users accessing them from such devices do not run into problems." And both of those could be true simultaneously. So suggesting that we honestly fill out the form doesn't help much.

That said, I personally do intend to be honest regardless of what you guys tell me you said, whether you got the files or not. It's just a matter of me deciding whether to even bother trying to or not.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
This thread (well, the last few pages) has convinced me that pirates are immature crybabies.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Pirates who can't easily get their hands on the pirated goods (as in the whole category of people who sit at the bottom and wait for stuff to go up on torrents or public download sites), perhaps. Pirates at higher ends of the ladder - eg people who feed pirated warez and media to the topsites and the ones that distribute stuff from there are typically different.

And of course, even that is a rather large over-generalization. But not that that matters to you, right ysss? You just wanted to use your snarky comment opportunity.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
It was a snarky comment, but he's right, too. There's a lot o' whining going on around here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Descalzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
what does flash player 10 have that the currently installed has not anyway? i can view flash content without any problems. including the full 2advanced site smoothly.

Last edited by shockgiga; 2010-10-08 at 23:13. Reason: typo

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update