Active Topics

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Originally Posted by bills2north View Post
Yes! Thought I was losing my mind about widgets going *poof !*. Nameday, yellow memo note, personal photo frame, currency exchange plus foreca weather shortcut (not a widget !) disappear from different screens at the same time on occasion.
Very strange indeed ;/
Do you have recaller?

so how to fixs it???

CasTTeLLo

I got this fantastic phone a few days back. I had the same the problem a few hours ago, and I managed to solve my issue, might not work for everyone though: I realized this started after I plugged in the phone to my computer. I have Live Wallpaper running on my phone, and one of the live wallpaper homescreens was configured to run a video (rain.avi), which is saved in /home/user/MyDocs (the 27GB partition). In a case like mine, if the N900 is plugged into a computer, it wont mount this folder as its in use by LiveWallpaper, and in the odd case that it does, it will crash Live Wallpaper, and it seems the widgets are also 'killed' / they disappear. So what I did:
  • Copy the video to a folder outside this partition: say /usr (I created folder /usr/livewpvids and put the videos here.)
  • Edit /var/lib/gconf/apps/maemo/livewp/%gconf.xml ; here I changed the location of rain.avi to the /usr/livewpvids/rain.avi
  • Restart, re-insert the missing widgets if needed, everything should be fine,

The reason for the second step is when configuring Live Wallpaper from the Settings interface, it only lets you choose from the 27GB partition or the MMC partition (if you place the videos on the MMC, same problem can happen).

I'm posting this in case it might help anyone - warning: this is not safe, do not attempt this if you're not familiar with this kind of technical stuff).

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
Originally Posted by soldyaboy View Post
Help!!!!!!! My n900 was freezing up a lot so i reinstalled the latest firmware via nokia software updater but when it was done it will not install any of the apps i had on it before, why???????
Have you enabled the correct repositories?

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!