Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
no......... camera app does not launch..... any progress on this b0unc3??
Yes, I'm quite sure that the problem is dsmetool.
I switching to use dsmetool to avoid the impression that the camera starts, and then gets killed by quick-launch, but by using dsmetool seems that the camera-app never gets launched.
I think I will come back to use kill, so everything should work fine.
For the issue reported by Soap77, I've installed transition-control and I've seen that quick-launch doesn't work more, and I've found that the problem is in the dialog that segfaults after you install this package, I'm just digging on it to found a solution.
I hope to release a new version in the coming weeks.
Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
There are applications that draw only icons on the desktop (recall and search app).

Is there any possibility to add a "Quick Launch" these applications?

Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
There are applications that draw only icons on the desktop (recall and search app).

Is there any possibility to add a "Quick Launch" these applications?
I think this is not possible, since these are not real app but plugin...

Not a quick launch specific issue but it is because of quick launch it is an issue for me. My question is whether there is a way to reorder the items on the status menu. I am now using mail exchange and it has a place on the status menu which has caused quick launch to be pushed down. Quick launch was also pushed down in the past if there was a software update notification.

Having quick launch pushed down out of the top screen sort of defeats the purpose of quick launch as now I have to scroll down which is not all that different from scrolling to another desktop.

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Not a quick launch specific issue but it is because of quick launch it is an issue for me. My question is whether there is a way to reorder the items on the status menu. I am now using mail exchange and it has a place on the status menu which has caused quick launch to be pushed down. Quick launch was also pushed down in the past if there was a software update notification.

Having quick launch pushed down out of the top screen sort of defeats the purpose of quick launch as now I have to scroll down which is not all that different from scrolling to another desktop.
I don't know if it can be consider an issue.
BTW as explained here you can set the position of the applets.

The Following User Says Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
Hello Daniele,

Just found your app last night and installed it. It is a simple but useful app, many thanks!

TC

Hello,

I've just release a new version (0.9) available at extras testing.
The most important improvement is that now a quicklaunch icon is permanently placed on the powerkey menu, so it should be more comfortable to use.

Mandatory screenshot :

Test&Vote

Best Regards,
Daniele Maio.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
Can we have both? (I mean, keeping 0.9 separate, not an update of the other one). I think it's better to have the quicklaunch config in Settings than Powerkey menu. Cause this is like a one time set and use for a long time. I doubt if many people would like to reconfig their quicklaunch on a regular basis.

Originally Posted by zerocool2k View Post
Can we have both? (I mean, keeping 0.9 separate, not an update of the other one). I think it's better to have the quicklaunch config in Settings than Powerkey menu. Cause this is like a one time set and use for a long time. I doubt if many people would like to reconfig their quicklaunch on a regular basis.

Sorry maybe I didn't get your point.
The quicklaunch configuration is still done via control-panel applet (as always), the only changes is that now when you click the powerkey button you'll see a quicklaunch icon that you can use to start quick-launch-dialog. I've implemented this feature because there were people who saying that was annoying to have the dialog opened up even if they selected the phone app from the menu.

Originally Posted by b0unc3 View Post
Sorry maybe I didn't get your point.
The quicklaunch configuration is still done via control-panel applet (as always), the only changes is that now when you click the powerkey button you'll see a quicklaunch icon that you can use to start quick-launch-dialog. I've implemented this feature because there were people who saying that was annoying to have the dialog opened up even if they selected the phone app from the menu.
Oh sorry, I thought you moved the settings there :P. Thanks for the update.

Anyway, I just updated and when I clicked on the powekey menu, nothing happened. I don't have that dialog like in the picture.

Last edited by zerocool2k; 2010-10-22 at 16:06.