Active Topics

Hello, I have a problem with my N900 micro-usb port, the problem is that pin #1 (+5 v) is broken on the main board, do you now if is possible to connect the N900 to the computer if the Data1 and Data2 pin are ok, I don't care about charging the N900 with the micro-usb port all I care is being able to flash it if necessary.

Thank you

Ed

http://pinouts.ru/Slots/USB_pinout.shtml
Might already know this, but:

Pin----Name--------Cable color-----Description
1------VCC ------- Red --------- +5 VDC
2-------D- --------- White -------- Data -
3-------D+ -------- Green -------- Data +
4-------GND-------Black --------- Ground

USB is a serial bus. It uses 4 shielded wires: two for power (+5v & GND) and two for differential data signals (labelled as D+ and D- in pinout). NRZI (Non Return to Zero Invert) encoding scheme used to send data with a sync field to synchronise the host and receiver clocks. In USB data cable Data+ and Data- signals are transmitted on a twisted pair. No termination needed. Half-duplex differential signaling helps to combat the effects of electromagnetic noise on longer lines. Contrary to popular belief, D+ and D- operate together; they are not separate simplex connections.
It's not really clear, but I think as long as pins 2 and 3 are okay - you should be able to signal okay. But if pin 1 is the one that supplies the power, and power is needed to give a signal...

Last edited by tetris11_; 2010-10-12 at 23:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post: