Notices

Originally Posted by SallyJane View Post
So many changes to review ...

Settings is NOT permanent : Every time I close the app the pie/colour opacity defaults to 15

Sketch and pie mode are now mutually exclusive (is this intentional ?) If I render a pie and want to toggle to sketch to label it, the rendered pie slice disappears

So good to see a widget on the desktop at last !
Can we have an option to set its transparency ?

Clicking on the left/right arrows on pie render screen should indicate somewhere on the screen what date is being shown (I'm sure this is coming !)
hmm... I don't know.. all of those(sketch on pies,permanent settings and the changing date is shown) are working fine for me.. I've even tried to reinstall everything from devel.. I will investigate further..
for the widget trasparency, the easiest way is to create your own background, rename it todoy_bkgrnd.png and overwrite the file /opt/todoy_bkgrnd.png this way you can also change clock size or add stripes or wathever you want! the widget is already trasparent so it will be enough to save a trasparent png. of course, if you create something nicer please post it!

Can we set todoy to delete past events (and the image files associated with them) after a certain time has elapsed ?

why you want to delete previous events? Im not sure I get your point right: It's a matter of disk space? right now todoy saves pngs, that on average are 30kb, this means that after 100 days it'll take 3mb in your folder. but you can delete images as you wish from filemanager. perhaps I should think to move em under MyDocs.. but please could you explain better? oh, btw, have you solved the last post issues? and tried creating a new bkgrnd? I'm wondering if I should post a new thread about backgrounds..

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
I cant get the widget to work. I type todoy_widget in terminal, and I et ImportError No module named hildondesktop;S

Yes, it is a space issue (built in Calendar has such deletion options, anyway, don't hassle about it)

I haven't created my own background yet.

And, on my device at any rate, settings are still not saved between reboots. Still, other users may have different experience.

Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
I cant get the widget to work. I type todoy_widget in terminal, and I et ImportError No module named hildondesktop;S
should I assume you're using the last version?
humm... Is not working even if you try to add it from the desktop menu? then try this on console:
Code:
python /opt/todoy/todoy_widget.py
this should run it. for leaving it open after closing the terminal, run
Code:
nohup python /opt/todoy/todoy_widget.py
There it should be a folder inside /opt/todoy, called hildon_home_plugin_item Can you check if it's there? Eventually All you've to do is to copy it to the /usr/lib/hildon-desktop.

@sally, I never reboot the phone so probably you're right, I will try asap. But is kind of weird couse I'm using QtSettings, and is supposed to wrote the configuration somewhere and not be lose in reboots. Ill check asap..

Ah, my bad. I didn't mean reboots but rather closing the app and then restarting it. Don't reboot on my account !

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by erniadeldesktop View Post
should I assume you're using the last version?
humm... Is not working even if you try to add it from the desktop menu? then try this on console:
Code:
python /opt/todoy/todoy_widget.py
this should run it. for leaving it open after closing the terminal, run
Code:
nohup python /opt/todoy/todoy_widget.py
There it should be a folder inside /opt/todoy, called hildon_home_plugin_item Can you check if it's there? Eventually All you've to do is to copy it to the /usr/lib/hildon-desktop.

@sally, I never reboot the phone so probably you're right, I will try asap. But is kind of weird couse I'm using QtSettings, and is supposed to wrote the configuration somewhere and not be lose in reboots. Ill check asap..

Yes, I do use the latest version. I tried what you said, and I still get "importerror: no module named hildondesktop". And yes, the file was there and I did try to copy it to the other folder.

awwww!!! get it! I've not put python hildon in the dependencies! thanks, i will do asap! for solving your prob. you should run:
Code:
sudo apt-get install python2.5-hildon*
yeeaah. tnx

@ sally.. for the permanent settings: maybe something similar... python2.5-qt4-core is already in the dependencies,maybe, python2.5-qt4-common? I don't know where the Qsetting class is defined.. I tought it was in qt4-core.. i will check asap and report

@ sallyjane, again, can you check if this file exists?
Code:
/home/user/.config/sofago.net/todoy.conf
the Qsettings class should be in python2.5-pyqt4-core package, so the only idea I've left is that maybe this file is not existing...
@ cernnunnos: do you've the same problem with permanent settings?