Active Topics

Notices

Hi guys, It has been a couple of weeks since I first posted this original topic and since then divan has made some fantastic changes in order to make this version finger friendly for hildon AND added it to the Repo's too.

Due to this game being designed for the Diablo/N800 platform, there were some settings that needed to be tweeked and divan did some excellent work changing the menu screens and adding Accelerometer controls for N900. There is currently no native launch icon from the desktop however using the QueenBeecon Widgets below you can launch from the desktop as you would expect to.

Installing the game

This is now in Repos, so feel free to open Application Manager http://maemo.org/packages/package_in.../0.2.6-maemo2/

Controls: Comination of Keyboard and Screen

In Game
Up = Accelerate
Down = Brake
Left+Right = Shift Weight

Menu
Curser/Select =Touchscreen

Other
SIXAXIS with Select button for Enter (if paired to N900)

Happy playing. There are 130+ levels to enjoy.

Adding the QueenBeeCon Snippet

Ok so having to enter Xterm every time you want to launch the game will probably become a little tedious, so I have put together a couple of little icons to enable the game to launch from the Desktop using the Awesome QueenBeeCon Widget creator.

There are two Icons to choose from for you liking

x-moto.png

x-moto2.png

If you need to download the Queen BeeCon Widget creator the please see here http://wiki.maemo.org/Queen_BeeCon_Widget

Now most of you who have the AWESOME QBWcreator will no doubt now how to do this already, but I will still continue with my newbie friendly how-to.

Download either of the two X-moto.ping images above and save them to /home/user/.queen_beecon_dir

Return to the N900 home screens and add a new QueenBeeCon Widget (Desktop Menu > Add Widget > QueenBeeCon Widget).

Click on the Spanner Icon of the new QBWiget and enter the following settings

Type: Snippet
Command Selection: Blank

Widget Size & position tuning
Width: 83
Height:83

Statuses Backgound colours and imaging

Snippet Background Colour: User the sliders to choose the colour best suited to your desk top

Command Title settings
Change the queen-beacon.png to the name of image you saved to the .queen_beecon_dir location (x-moto.png or x-moto2png).

Command Results settings
Delete the line queen-beeconresimg.png and leave feild blank.

Now click on "Add command", leave the Title field blank and enter "xmoto" in the Command field

Then tap Save, Save again and Done to exit the Desktop Menu. THe Icon Snippet should now be set up for you to launch X-Moto from the desktop.

Even Happier Gaming

A few other things...

You can manually edit the config.dat and tweak the settings, controls, sound and graphics in the following location with your favorite text editor. (I use Midnight Commander)

Path: /home/user/.xmoto/config.dat

An example would be If you wish to run the game in window mode, change the Display lines to read like so...

<var name="KeyDrive1" value="X"/>
<var name="KeyBrake1" value="Down"/>
<var name="KeyFlipLeft1" value="Left"/>
<var name="KeyFlipRight1" value="Right"/>
<var name="KeyChangeDir1" value="Space"/>

You can leave everything else, save and close the file or try tweaking other settings if you want to?

Inside here is the original Tuxfamily Repo for xmoto on the N800http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=44645&postcount=5

To install the original file in Application Manager, create a new catalogue entry

Catalogue name: Xmoto
Web address: http://download.tuxfamily.org/xmoto/maemo/
Distribution: it2007 testing/

Refresh your catalogues, search and install Xmoto.

I have found some issues with this as it is, a few of which have already been discussed firther in the thread.

• Some screen tearing in game
  • Button mapping missing Esc key and Enter key not working in game. (This is not an issue with the version in the Repo as the Death Animation has been turned off)
  • Performance issues with some of the user created levels when running at 600mhz. (OC@850mhz seems to be fine)

In closing, I just want to say Thanks to the original poster if you are reading this and to divan for his great work and for getting this in to the Repos for everyone to enjoy.

Thank you for reading

MINKIN2

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2010-11-04 at 22:07. Reason: Edited: Added divan's amendments. Thank you for your help mate :)

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Finally!
Does it follow the development changes?

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
More importantly, is it optified? I guess not?

Originally Posted by taril View Post
Finally!
Does it follow the development changes?
If there were any I don't think it has been updated since 2007. It is a pretty old repo.

Originally Posted by Aranel View Post
More importantly, is it optified? I guess not?
Lol, I can safely say it is not.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 543 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Kiev, Ukraine
Thanks! Seems it really nice choice to port under maemo, so someone should port latest version =)
BTW, it works fine in fullscreen for me.

Locate the config.bat here /home/user/.xmoto/config.bat
File name is config.dat, not .bat

UPD. Sound works if enable EngineSoundEnable in config.dat

<var name="EngineSoundEnable" value="true"/>

Last edited by divan; 2010-10-14 at 09:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to divan For This Useful Post:
Thanks divan we now have sound

I will update the original post and sort out my typo a littlte later when I get more time.

How are you getting it to play in full screen btw?

Good work. Would be good if it works with Accelemymote too.

Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Any possibility to add this into the Maemo repos?

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 543 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Kiev, Ukraine
How are you getting it to play in full screen btw?
It was enabled by default - and it did work great. But I prefer windowed mode anyway.

Here are the options I've modified:
<var name="DisplayHeight" value="420"/>
<var name="DisplayWindowed" value="true"/>
<var name="DeathAnim" value="false"/>
<var name="EngineSoundEnable" value="true"/>
You could add the command to the top post which does this in a single line:

Code:
sed -i -e '/DisplayHeight/s:480:420:' -e '/DisplayWindowed/s:false:true:' -e '/DeathAnim/s:true:false:' -e '/EngineSoundEnable/s:false:true:' /home/user/.xmoto/config.dat
Also, the directory .xmoto is created only after first launch(and you must quit gracefully for that).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to divan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hungary
the latest version isn't support software rendering, so ...