Active Topics

hello all, nice to meet u all. i am using the coolest and geekiest gadget on earth. the n900 wow. didn't think there is any thing beats this. i hope so.

The Following User Says Thank You to lonelyday For This Useful Post:
Hey guys, i've been lurking here since I got my n900 in august. However, I was an idiot and my phone fell into a beer so it's now dead The community here is great tho, lots of tips on how to make this awesome phone ever better. Hopefully I can get my hands on another one soon!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJSlipStream For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Halifax, UK
Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
Hello, and thanks to all who've made this device so useful.
is your real name Temujin? or "Trevor" if you're not Mongolian

i used to manage a restaurant called temujin :-D

Hi all, I got my N900 last friday and as a Linux-enthusiast I'm loving it so far and the maemo community seems surprisingly active!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ofroberg For This Useful Post:
Got my N900 a month before...
-- Used Nokia 5800 before

Love the phone...Installed Nitdroid..

The Following User Says Thank You to ramnath82 For This Useful Post:
Bula! (Hello) from the Fiji Islands. New user of this site and n900. It's my first smartphone (still use my old Nokia 1200 for calls and use n900 as computer). Know very little bit about linux, ubuntu, maemo (use vista home premium since came installed on computer and mainly use computers for research and typing. Dataplans expensive so use uni wifi, thanks to this Maemo site was able to finally log in using n900

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=peap

Have learned a lot from this community in short time (have had n900 for 3weeks) and updated to pr1.2, installed some *.deb files from maemo repository using help from this community (since before had no net on n900). Hope to learn more and get better and someday help others too. Am a simple computer user but help on this site makes me feel comfortable about n900. On windows I know how to install games and play, browse internet, use office and use discs to install windows if details and instructions are simple. Vinaka (thanks) Maemo community for being very helpful.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bloodyidiot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Bolivia
Hi!!! My name is Ariel & well i´m just register... i really hope that u can help me and can help u too... please excuse my inglish!

The Following User Says Thank You to yoarimo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Bristol UK
I have been trawling this site as a guest for about 3 months, a month before i actually had the phone. Like most other noobs in here my Linux programming skills are limited (most of my work revolves around sql) but i am learning more and more everyday, and am loving every second.

Probably an unusual way to say hello but i'd like to thank all the people who are registered on this site who go out of their way to be informative and educational. Every question i have had when trying out new things i have been able to get answers for just by searching here. There has been no need to start threads "how do i....".

So again thank you all, even alternative device's Fanboys (watching how frequently you get categorically slapped down is very entertaining and at times highly enlightening).

Best Regards

Stefan

The Following User Says Thank You to Thargor For This Useful Post:
Hi there.
I've only been watching the talk - now it's time to participate.

The Following User Says Thank You to joeoechsle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ belgrade
just wanna say hi, I've been reading the talk for some time. it's helpful really

I have N900 for a couple of months now and I'm really satisfied. great little thing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to takashi For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org