Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
first the flash 10 from TI thing, now this.....meego and PR 1.3

someone please pinch me!

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
Originally Posted by hara View Post
Yes, I work for the company.
K, can you tell us when will update go for masses, where is changelog, official announce, what exactly are good things about pr1.3 if there is no long awaited flash 10?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I hope the new kernel came with more options to it like wifi hotspot enable so then we don't have to install Power Kernel just to get this hotspot working properly. Jukuspot cost money and not always working but I prefer the Community version instead. Realistically, hoping to see more extra enabled functions for the community to take advantage of.

I really wish Nokia would just release the drivers and everything to the tmo lol. Would be the dream come true. truely opened source

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-10-14 at 11:07.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
So did anyone try to boot those ?
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/builds/t...t-armv7l-n900/
Yes, I tried it. You can't boot to UI directly with that one due to bug #8330. Fixed now though. Wait for a new image next Wednesday or roll your own.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

i am a n900 owner, but unlike the clear majority of geeks here i am not technically skilled :-) i have the following questions:

1) what does it mean to be able to "dual boot both maemo and meego" on the n900? does it mean i get to choose between maemo and everything i have on there and meego on a screen after turning on the n900? having both os with saved stuff doesnt fill the n900 storage capacities?!

2) what limitations will meego have running on n900 given that the n9 is more powerfull in terms of hardware?

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Salo
Originally Posted by longcat View Post
K, can you tell us when will update go for masses, where is changelog, official announce, what exactly are good things about pr1.3 if there is no long awaited flash 10?
No idea, I'm only a troll

Last edited by hara; 2010-10-14 at 12:16.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hara For This Useful Post:
As an employee I must obey to Nokia's rules. One of those are, that release dates of updates are not published outside the company. I can only confirm pr1.3 will be released.

Changelog is accessible only for internals at the moment.
No OVI Maps again?? should hv got some low end device like 5230 rather than spending so much in N900 and not yet hving turn by turn. Thought nokia has learned and would correct in 1.3 but alas was wrong. Pretty bad !!

Linux Based Devices : Motorokr e6 | Nokia N900

Last edited by sdesai; 2010-10-14 at 11:29.

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
Changelog is accessible only for internals at the moment.
If that is so - why are you telling us that there will be no ovi maps, fl10.1, etc ?

Hi, thanks a lot for providing us the info, can u confirm if the inbuilt dual-boot will be included?? And can you confirm or deny if the features mentioned in the rest of this thread will be included or not (as you did with flash inclusion)??..Thanks

Originally Posted by longcat View Post
If that is so - why are you telling us that there will be no ovi maps, fl10.1, etc ?
exactly ! if ur sayin no ovi no fl then why is 1.3 coming out anyway??

Linux Based Devices : Motorokr e6 | Nokia N900

Tags
bestthreadever, meego, o6eew, open mobile ftw, pr1.3, stop talking, wegoo meego