Notices

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Just realized that I can sync Google Apps based calendars too.

I was getting sync errors, but as ddwalker mentioned in this thread I synced from Google only first and changed to both which worked fine.

Thanks for the great app. Glad I don't have to deal with MfE for sometime.

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong, CHINA
In my version, when editing a profile, the "Remote Source" text is always the last google calendar available. This isn't right (and a bit scary-looking - though clicking the "Remote Source" button shows the proper calendar selected").

To fix this, in profile_ui.py, I think the "if pid <> None" statement should have an "else:" block that contains the two "if google_accts"... blocks, like:

Code:
        # editing profile                                                      
        if pid is not  None:
                dialog.set_title("Edit Profile")
                fill_form(pid)
                current_profile_id = pid
                editing = True
        else:
                if google_accounts.get_registered_accounts_count() == 0:
                        ask_for_google_account_creation(dialog)

if google_accounts.get_registered_accounts_count() == 1:
                        # Pre-select the only Google account available:
                        account_selector.set_active(0, 0)

dialog.show_all()
        dialog.run()

The Following User Says Thank You to mdengler For This Useful Post:
Possibly related to the post above me, my sync has gone down the crapper. I synced my two calendars, when suddenly every single item in my local calendars was gone. Trying to resetup the calendar relations, it's always set to the last one, which is empty. Reinstalling didn't do a thing to fix it. Is there some hidden config file I can reset? I couldn't seem to find it :/

The Following User Says Thank You to eezo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eezo View Post
Possibly related to the post above me, my sync has gone down the crapper. I synced my two calendars, when suddenly every single item in my local calendars was gone. Trying to resetup the calendar relations, it's always set to the last one, which is empty. Reinstalling didn't do a thing to fix it. Is there some hidden config file I can reset? I couldn't seem to find it :/
If you open a Terminal you can remove the hidden .erminig.db file
Code:
rm .erminig.db
That'll kill all the settings known by the app. A remove or reinstall doesn't get rid of that file as far as I know.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marlon For This Useful Post:
I have had this problem twice in the last month (all data in calendars disappear). I had to delete the sync profile and re-add it. This creates a new sync profile in the .erminig.db, which is kind of like deleting that .db file and re-creating the profiles.

Marlon, thank you! I recreated my relations and was able to get my items back. But when open the relation's setting it's set to the last calendar again, although it's not shown in the overview. Quite frankly, I'm scared to sync again.

eezo,

I've seen that behaviour for months. It's scary but harmless. If you want a fix, see my reply #462 above.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Slovenia
Feature request: silent mode command line parameter (-q for quiet?). Running a sync with this parameter would mean: don't report any errors in GUI.

I'm using Erminig with Alarmed, schedules every two hours, and my device isn't always connected, so I get 7 (that's the number of calendars I sync) dialog boxes with the message "can't connect". I don't really care about it, it'll get synced next time I'm online, I just don't want to see the error. It's annoying to have to OK all these messages.

I've tried running with -d, but it doesn't do what I want.

Originally Posted by gasper_k View Post
Feature request: silent mode command line parameter (-q for quiet?). Running a sync with this parameter would mean: don't report any errors in GUI.

I'm using Erminig with Alarmed, schedules every two hours, and my device isn't always connected, so I get 7 (that's the number of calendars I sync) dialog boxes with the message "can't connect". I don't really care about it, it'll get synced next time I'm online, I just don't want to see the error. It's annoying to have to OK all these messages.

I've tried running with -d, but it doesn't do what I want.
I had the same problem. There are less than a handful of places in the code where it calls some gtk exception reporting class - just add an "if not <-d set>" test to them

The Following User Says Thank You to mdengler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by mdengler View Post
I had the same problem. There are less than a handful of places in the code where it calls some gtk exception reporting class - just add an "if not <-d set>" test to them
Good idea, I'll take a look. Would prefer it to be the "official" solution, though, so it wouldn't get overwritten upon each update.

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization