Notices

doesnt it suck having a camera that you cant use? i have trouble to.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
Originally Posted by tnz View Post
@cpscotti and The Arsonist : I don't remember to have installed something during the period when GTalk video calls vanished.

The only thing revelant I noticed is the Linux support for Gtalk video calls. It was 2 or 3 days after that. I tested a video call between Ubuntu and the N900.

I think about a protocol evolution or a disable feature from Google. The Gtalk N900 module acts as if there were no cam and no mic.

I gonna try to post the question to google's guys
I guess just for some continuity and to be thorough, did you have GTalk voice or video chat work for you at one point? This thread has been a bit dead, so I'm questioning if we're just crazy or people just don't use this feature. The ONLY thing I've been able to successfully use the Front-Facing Camera with is the Mirror app(which looks extremely grainy and really serves no purpose since it can't save videos or images, unlike the videos I've seen of Skype and GTalk).

Let's see if there's any common pattern.... No working video chat(but voice does work) on Skype. No voice or video chat(but IM'ing does work) on GTalk. Neither work on Carrier: T-Mobile USA or Wifi on ISP: Comcast.

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, United Kingdom
@The Arsonist: I observe the exact same behavior.
I remember using the googleTalk video & voice a one or two months ago.
Now.. nothing that uses either mic/front camera seem to work.

I could bet that flashing the device would make things work again.. but.. you know.. maybe "tomorrow".

I can confirm that calls did work before, for months. Now I can't connect to Gtalk in FireFox.

To me it seems like Google played with the protocol some weeks ago.

Alright, another data point: I can call my N900 from gmail/gtalk plugin on chromium/linux. Maybe it is windows that's not working?