Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by anwar71839 View Post
you are missing the point. i love my n900.
So be happy it won't change much.

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
But from the sound of it it brings even less features than PR1.2...
It's supposed to bring fixes, not features.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrWilken For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Bug fixes are enough for me. They should at least make maemo5 perfect before abandoning it. I hope the vidoe camera issue is fixed

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
Does the PR 1.3 fix screen tearing while browsing? vsync fix?
I don't really see any tearing on PR1.2 but if you view the site in full then it is fine, but if you zoom it out to fit the screen then there is a little tearing but web browser is scrolling much much smoother than before, no missed scrolling like before.

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-10-19 at 06:52.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by anwar71839 View Post
Bug fixes are enough for me. They should at least make maemo5 perfect before abandoning it. I hope the vidoe camera issue is fixed
Sorry to disappoint you bud, the answered is NO. It isn't fixed, and introduced one more camera bug lol. Yay... happy yappy, more bugs love them.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
N900 comes with Flash support so they should update it.

Anyway does any one when will final build will be released? I mean estimated date or time.

Last edited by vickyg; 2010-10-18 at 20:56.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
You're right, I don't expect 2.0 or 3.0 either. - What I don't get is: If you were not content with what the N900 did before any update (I bought mine with the original Maemo 5 version), why did you buy it in the first place?

I loved it with 1.0 when I received it last December and every update since then was a free gift that I was happy about. (Except when they kept ruining the virtual keyboard.)
Nokia wouldn't be obliged to deliver any sort of OS updates. Expecting - no, demanding substantial changes to the core OS and the stock applications is a little too much.
I really liked the part where you inferred that he was STUPID for buying a device with the expectation that it should get updates. Yeah! What we DEMAND is stagnation! We clearly do NOT demand improvements or innovation! BOOOO! UPGRADES, BOOOOOOO! DOWN WITH NEW!

On the other hand, it's ironic for me to criticize, given I STILL didn't want a "tablet" with a cell phone radio, but at least I'm aware of the slight irony. Whew--at least I wasn't stupid enough to actually buy an N900, right?

Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
But from the sound of it it brings even less features than PR1.2...
I'm not sure I'm following this thread very well. Can you two talk to each other and come back out with a logical statement?

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Sorry to disappoint you bud, the answered is NO. It isn't fixed, and introduced one more camera bug lol. Yay... happy yappy, more bugs love them.
QT PHONE HOME?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

So is there an official list of changes/bugfixes for pr1.3? I've been searching through this thread and was unable to find any official info.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
So is there an official list of changes/bugfixes for pr1.3? I've been searching through this thread and was unable to find any official info.
And, as I was alluding to, any accounting of what closed-source portions will no longer be doing anything surreptitious and what portions shall, so that we can at least be aware of what's being done in places we're not allowed to look?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
We won't give you the file, this is strictly for developing only.
You're a developer? I found the file earlier but couldn't be bothered to flash it. I'd rather wait for the official release and then do a full flash.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:

Tags
bigbadidiot, chucknorris, jesus wept, mustread, paradise, umopapisdn