Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
You're a developer? I found the file earlier but couldn't be bothered to flash it. I'd rather wait for the official release and then do a full flash.
Nice punch!!!!

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
Im actually ROFL-ing about the sarcasm of PR1.4, PR2.0 etc.

You know, Nokia could actually change tactics and provide more frequent updates, fixing fewer number of bugs at a time compared to one massive update fixing a higher number of bugs.

This might sound a bit 'unreal' and 'un-Nokia', but remember Nokia has now got different people in the managment, so things could effectvely change.

Do you really think that you can get software with absolutely 0 bugs? Personally I don't think it is possible, because we are over-complicating things (a phone was designed to make phonecalls - and send texts, but nowadays phones can be used for other purposes too).. Be happy with what you have

The Following User Says Thank You to kevinp93 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by kevinp93 View Post
Im actually ROFL-ing about the sarcasm of PR1.4, PR2.0 etc.

You know, Nokia could actually change tactics and provide more frequent updates, fixing fewer number of bugs at a time compared to one massive update fixing a higher number of bugs.

This might sound a bit 'unreal' and 'un-Nokia', but remember Nokia has now got different people in the managment, so things could effectvely change.

Do you really think that you can get software with absolutely 0 bugs? Personally I don't think it is possible, because we are over-complicating things (a phone was designed to make phonecalls - and send texts, but nowadays phones can be used for other purposes too).. Be happy with what you have
Zero bugs? Certainly not! But fewer bugs is still fewer bugs, more features are still more features. Improvements, however small, shouldn't be withheld in the name of improvement itself. As the saying goes: "the perfect is the enemy of the good."

You put it well when you proposed that far more frequent updates with fewer fixes would be more welcome and make the platform feel more alive than waiting eons for a fix to problems and features for which you've been waiting for, especially the ones that have long been promised and possibly forgotten.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
any chance that the image scrolling in the gallery will be as smooth like the desktop?

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Zero bugs? Certainly not! But fewer bugs is still fewer bugs, more features are still more features. Improvements, however small, shouldn't be withheld in the name of improvement itself. As the saying goes: "the perfect is the enemy of the good."

Fair point about fewer bugs. I believe since Maemo isn't Nokia's main OS they sort of push it aside.

I find myself looking at the N900 as a testing device for new features but it doesn't bring any real value to the End-user. For instance, Flash 10 was showcased on the N900 by Adobe, but look at us? We are speculating when it will come.

The Following User Says Thank You to kevinp93 For This Useful Post:
Fair point about fewer bugs. I believe since Maemo isn't Nokia's main OS they sort of push it aside.
Although that may be the tangible reality now, that wasn't the impression given by Nokia at the time the N900 was being released onto the public. In fact, they've repeatedly made statements since then that Maemo is the direction in which the company intended to go in for future devices.

I find myself looking at the N900 as a testing device for new features but it doesn't bring any real value to the End-user. For instance, Flash 10 was showcased on the N900 by Adobe, but look at us? We are speculating when it will come.
You make an astute observation of what appears to me to be the tangible as opposed to the misleading speculation that Nokia has been feeding through inferences, broken promises and general neglect.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

i book mark the last page of this thread so one day i can see some one " ITS OUT 1.3 IS OUT" but sadly the thread moves 3 pages further every day i check, i have to keep book marking each page lolzz

Originally Posted by zikmir View Post
i book mark the last page of this thread so one day i can see some one " ITS OUT 1.3 IS OUT" but sadly the thread moves 3 pages further every day i check, i have to keep book marking each page lolzz
Why.. are you doing that? :P Why not just subscribe to the thread and set your client to filter the emails to a folder/label so it doesn't remain mixed in with all your other email?

For that matter, again... why? You KNOW it'll be a NEW thread that announces that, not this thread.

Still again... why? You know there's very likely not going to be a 1.3, despite a beta/RC/leaked set of fixes.

has anything been fixed in terms of the horrible email client?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Enough is enough of this ****************************************** place

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-10-19 at 06:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:

Tags
bigbadidiot, chucknorris, jesus wept, mustread, paradise, umopapisdn