Notices

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ NanJing China
waiting for its own development

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Aww man, i thought landscape mode is a priority...guess i have to wait for 4 more months. Darn it!
We actually have landscape mode working except for one bug -- when we lay the phone flat it ALWAYS defaults to landscape no matter what the orientation previously was. We're trying to set that straight but once we do we'll do a mini update on the forum.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peter@instinctiv.com View Post
We actually have landscape mode working except for one bug -- when we lay the phone flat it ALWAYS defaults to landscape no matter what the orientation previously was.
I have seen this happen before with other landscape/portrait mode apps. So, I doubt it is your bug.

Last edited by fms; 2010-10-16 at 12:21.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Browser doesn't. At least mine doesn't.

If it's an external call I guess it's a general bug, but isn't it possible to read accel manually, in code, and only switch in clear conditions? Like, 80 percent on needed axis and max 30 or so on the others.

P.S. Images don't do this on my device, either. Open image, rotate to portrait, lay phone back, no change.

Also, maybe you could fix to landscape on kbd open, that should help.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by peter@instinctiv.com View Post
We actually have landscape mode working except for one bug -- when we lay the phone flat it ALWAYS defaults to landscape no matter what the orientation previously was. We're trying to set that straight but once we do we'll do a mini update on the forum.
You're probably using the HILDON_PORTRAIT_MODE_SUPPORT flag, which does that for some reason...
Using mce.h from libmce-dev to get orientation might solve it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jer006 View Post
the one feature that would make this app for me would be the ability to select music by date i.e. play all new music copied onto the device... i regularly buy music and sync it ove to my n900 on a weekly basis and at this point with 3000+ tracks on there it gets lost or hard to find.

another great feature would be the ability to select music based on the rating found in the mp3's tag and to also let users rate music and then store this in the tag. most music players let you select music based on rating and popularity (number of times you listened to individual tracks). it was dissapointing that the built in player missed both of these features...
I would like to give a big hearty second to both these feature requests. I'm currently trying to expand my musical tastes so I regularly add new stuff and try to listen to it to sort out the good from the bad. Any chance these features are being worked on? Do any of the other music players for the N900 support anything like this? I've tried the default one, Mediabox, and Tunewiki and couldn't find anyway to do so.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travik For This Useful Post:
Peter, if I use the Identify function and don't have internet connection, it keeps identifying forever (or longer than my patience ). Is there a time out set for it?

And one more request: can you make Instinctiv pull media files the same way as media player does (so that those of us using tracker-cfg could remove some folders from being monitored and prevent media files from being added).

Last edited by zerocool2k; 2010-10-20 at 04:52.

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by zerocool2k View Post
Peter, if I use the Identify function and don't have internet connection, it keeps identifying forever (or longer than my patience ). Is there a time out set for it?
Actually on that point, can there be a setting to automatically select a default and secondary internet connection for Identify, so it auto connects, identifies then disconnects?

is it coming soon ?

a wonderful player

The Following User Says Thank You to pursueky For This Useful Post: