Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

I'm about to send my N900 in for repair. I bought this phone in May/June 2010 after a few months the AC adapter was no longer working, as of yesterday the usb to microusb connector is no longer charging phone either. My Car AC adapter used to charge the phone as well. That no longer works. I have tried other cables both ac/usb2microusb, and none seem to work. I notice the microusb connector on the phone looks crooked. Most likely I will be shipping it off today. Hopefully Nokia will notice the problem and fix and or replace/refund it. I will update everyone on the status with returning this phone to the USA care center.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Missouri
So as many of you know, Nokia said it would not have replacement devices till the second week of November, and because of that offered a free N95 or C6 to those who sent their N900 for repair.

Since I got promised my C6 last week with a 3-5 day delivery, I called them today to find out where it is. To my surprise, and I was totally and completely shocked to find this out, Nokia has sent both the C6 and my N900 back (with a new serial so I am hoping it's a new one, not a refurb) and they should both be here on Monday.

Maybe Nokia customer care is improving since they shaved off a whole 3 weeks from the original announcement of no replacement devices till the second week of November. Hoping this new better customer care trend continues.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inkjected For This Useful Post:
sometimes it charges sometimes not. with the same charger. my best luck has been with my kindle charger.

shame on nokia.

Still no n900 from nokia, its the 5th week now ... No replacement either...

Originally Posted by inkjected View Post
So as many of you know, Nokia said it would not have replacement devices till the second week of November, and because of that offered a free N95 or C6 to those who sent their N900 for repair.

Since I got promised my C6 last week with a 3-5 day delivery, I called them today to find out where it is. To my surprise, and I was totally and completely shocked to find this out, Nokia has sent both the C6 and my N900 back (with a new serial so I am hoping it's a new one, not a refurb) and they should both be here on Monday.

Maybe Nokia customer care is improving since they shaved off a whole 3 weeks from the original announcement of no replacement devices till the second week of November. Hoping this new better customer care trend continues.
Nokia just received my N900 today. Hopefully I get it back soon. Do you get to keep the phone they offer you or do you have to send it back? I bought a used G1 and this just doesn't compare

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Missouri
I do get to keep the C6. It is like their customer appreciation gift for me waiting so long to get my N900 back. It's been almost a month and a half since I sent it in.

Received this email from Nokia. Called them earlier in the week to say they had my N900 since 9 September and that second week of November was totally unacceptable and if I did not receive a replacement this week then I wanted a refund. Guess they were not too keen on refunding my $625. Anyone else that has been waiting ages for a replacement from Nokia US like i have try giving them a call and make a fuss.

My N900 is of course in the US and I live in the UK so still need to work out how to get it to me in the UK without paying some ridiculous customs duty charges.

"Your device, serial number XXXX, has been updated with the following status:

A replacement Nokia N900 device, serial number XXXX, has been shipped for your original Nokia N900 device, serial number , under Nokia's replacement program. Your device was shipped via shipping vendor on Fri Sep 24 00:00:00 GMT 2010.

Thank you very much for being a valued Nokia Customer!

Sincerely, Nokia Customer Care
"

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Brighton, UK
Dropped mine off at my local Nokia care centre (Cellular Services on Reigate Road for anyone who's near my neck of the woods) this afternoon. No problem at all, they seemed well aware that a number of N900's have had USB problems.

They have said that they will check the port and repair it on-site if they can, if not they will send it off to Nokia for either repair or replacement as appropriate.

I'll keep you posted on progress.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Everyone that has not yet done so, please enter/update your experiences here: http://tabulacrypticum.wordpress.com...-do-something/

I am keeping that poll open.

i just got mine started to wobble around and not charge, called nokia USA they told me to send it in and i just checked the status looks like I am getting a new phone, YAY

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty