Active Topics

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by thoughtfix View Post
Damn Mara. Beat me to the punch
Don't you have N810? You can still post yours... and someone with too much free time can do comparison analysis...

How about "/sbin/lspci -vv" as well. (Wouldn't that provide details about the specific GPS chip? Or is this already known?)

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
What I would like to know from someone with an n810:

Is the 2gb flash storage implemented as a soldiered chip (my guess) or is it possibly a burried internal card of some sort?

Is the mini-sd at /media/mmc1 and 2gb storage at /media/mmc2?

It would be nice to at least use the 2gb as the root partition and then (hopefully) get some 8gb mini sdhc out in the market soon.

Originally Posted by exon View Post
(Wouldn't that provide details about the specific GPS chip? Or is this already known?)

Not already known, but I'd love this information.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Here you go...
Thanks a lot. From the dmesg output we can see that kernel is 2.6.21 and USB host mode is compiled in. Also the
[ 18.726562] hub 1-0:1.0: 200mA bus power budget for each child
line is either some bogus information or N800 can suply 200mA in usb host mode.

A bit more interesting would be output from N810 :-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Thank you.

I'm not sure why the "find /sys/ > somefile.txt" operation didn't work. Anyone have any ideas? It would be interesting to see the output of this file (and/or dmesg) from an N810 to see if there are any visible hardware differences (so thoughtfix please do post your output if you have it to hand).

Thanks,

Simon

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Thank you.

I'm not sure why the "find /sys/ > somefile.txt" operation didn't work. Anyone have any ideas? It would be interesting to see the output of this file (and/or dmesg) from an N810 to see if there are any visible hardware differences (so thoughtfix please do post your output if you have it to hand).

Thanks,

Simon
It is so big... it came already 122kB before it said "too many open files"... or something like that.

By the way, ITT forum takes only max 16kB txt-files anyway...

Not to worry, thanks for trying.

As already mentioned, there's the mass storage driver as well as a variety of Ethernet usb drivers (and one for the Zaurus too! .

I also noticed these lines:

[ 0.679687] TSC2005 driver initializing
[ 0.679687] TSC2301 driver initializing

The second of these is the same as the N800 previously had. Both are touch screen drivers. I've no idea why both would be there.

Doesn't look like there's anything new in the DSP modules, and no pvr.ko in the kernel modules.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
does anyone know , is there an option for the statusbar and taskbar to NOT be transparent?

I'd like to see a run-through of various website that make heavy use of AJAX to see how well the do/do not render.

For example, Google Docs is often mentioned and Facebook as well, but what about Yahoo Mail, Zoho, Meebo, Google reader, etc...

Also, how about DivX? MPEG4 is supposedly supported. How does Stage6 look?

Those are the ones that immediately come to mind.