Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by vkelim View Post
Did you ever compile eAMH's special version of assistant?

Slightly off-=topic, but I did manage to get eAMH (Australian Medicines Handbook) working with the standard QT assistant program. I copied amhdata.qhc and amhdata.qch into a folder accessible by Easy Debian.

For what is worth, I used Easy Debian instead. QT assistant is available in Debian squeeze (qt4-dev-tools 4.6.3). I created the following script in /usr/share/applications/hildon/eAMH.desktop (as per Easy Debian instructions) :

Unfortunately, eAMH does not automatically have keyboard focus in this configuration. Buried in Easy Debian's help file is the suggesiton to run xbindkeys and Fn+Return, that works.

Now we can have eAMH on our mobile phones, using the same license as our desktop version and without using a wireless connection. Something our N900 can do that an iPhone cannot...!
You my dear sir are a genius!!! Thanks so much for figuring it out. I was losing hair over this damn issue for so long

The AMH version on their site was a bit broken for me (couldn't compile and many other issues), so I downloaded the original Assistant code and modified it based on their instructions (I can PM you the changes they have made, its a PDF if you like). I can also post the modified version I made (it includes further changes like removal of print option etc).

Thank you so much again

Last edited by Blaizzen; 2010-10-23 at 09:28.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Australia
It's a pleasure. Good luck for your exams!

The answer to your question is MBBS/FRACGP.

Well, I think compiling and modifying the Assistant is a much more difficult task. AMH was kind enough to send me the list of changes (and resultant source code) as well, they really do honour the GPL license!

I only hope that PR 1.3 development kit re-includes qt4-dev-tools, including assistant. That would be give me more confidence about compiling AMHviewer. However, if you succeeded in creating a modified assistant, of course you should post that!

The Following User Says Thank You to vkelim For This Useful Post: