Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
Available in the netherlands. apt-get upgrading now..

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Malaga, Spain
The update says that I need to do it via Windows, What do I do if I don't have windows?

So what your saying is that I have to have windows to have Linux ? I hate windows and have not used it for the past 4 years.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I can use global release for UK yes? also is there gonna be a new emmc or do i use the latest one on the site? Cheers

http://meegoportal.com/?p=213 update with a linux machine..

Tried updating in US, got conflict mesg: Conflict with application packages: libqt4-test 4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5 . It ask to install using PC Suit.

Any one faced this error ? Is it ok to un-install libqt4-test using root access with command - apt-get uninstall <pkg> ?

Thanks.

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
I had the problem of "needing to install via PC" but after I saw a post in this thread that updated can show conflicting packages I installed tuxracer which had the conflicting package and then this update went smoothly. No idea tho if something got broken in the process
Stupidity is the thing I hate the most.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
rii- same here.

Can anyone walk a few of us through what application might need to be removed to take care of this?

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by SirJohn View Post
The update says that I need to do it via Windows, What do I do if I don't have windows?

So what your saying is that I have to have windows to have Linux ? I hate windows and have not used it for the past 4 years.
The message is lieing. It means you need more free space, so uninstall some apps.

Same thing happened with PR1.2, so a shame Nokia still broke it.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
It works here in The Netherlands, but i''m now reinstalling all my apps because they where all deleted. Luckily i made a back-up before updating

Had issues updating OTA, it said the problem was libgles1 for me the app requiering this was GLtron. I just thought someone might want to know. I had to get root and try to uninstall libgles1 w/ dpkg for it to tell me what program requiered the library. There has got to be an easier way to find what app depends on a package. anyway update on the way now.. hoping for the best, backed up just in case..

The Following User Says Thank You to Habmala For This Useful Post: