Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by rii View Post
Tried updating in US, got conflict mesg: Conflict with application packages: libqt4-test 4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5 . It ask to install using PC Suit.

Any one faced this error ? Is it ok to un-install libqt4-test using root access with command - apt-get uninstall <pkg> ?

Thanks.
You can use "apt-cache rdepends packagename" to see which packages depend on that one (note that they are not necessarily installed packages, but available packages).

I had a couple blockers including the one you mentioned. I think I had to remove healthcheck & PyQt to clear that one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by rii View Post
Tried updating in US, got conflict mesg: Conflict with application packages: libqt4-test 4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5 . It ask to install using PC Suit.

Any one faced this error ? Is it ok to un-install libqt4-test using root access with command - apt-get uninstall <pkg> ?

Thanks.
Should be OK to remove it, though it should also show up in the application manager under something...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Nice update. The phone is the same as before. just in a different way

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
No flash update!

but device is running fast!

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by SirJohn View Post
The update says that I need to do it via Windows, What do I do if I don't have windows?

So what your saying is that I have to have windows to have Linux ? I hate windows and have not used it for the past 4 years.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware#Linux

its installed properly in Turkey

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
OTA done, Italian firmware, smooth as silk

Last edited by jurop88; 2010-10-25 at 16:16.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
This will wipe all your settings, documents and installed applications, so you must have backed up (and copy the backup off the phone !) first.

Much better to just uninstall enough apps to make room / remove conflicts.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Chicago
its live on nokia website http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php. I suggest doing a fresh flesh

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
has anyone updated their n900 with the overclocking kernels and multiboot and android installed? do i have to remove any of these things or can i just update it