Active Topics

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Yes, you need to do the hack again
This happens because of the Update has its own files system and will replace any setting on the device. Any customisation made will be needed to redone once more.

I'm doing my FmTxd right now
It doesn't hurt to go back and do it again

First uninstall FM-fake and then do it. Otherwise you'll get the error said "Unable to ...blah"
maxximuscool, please specify in your post what files you are talking about because if taken in general this would be WRONG. It could cause unneeded aggravation.

All application settings and additional files like icons stay when updating. These will be wiped with a re-flash though.

If however you went and changed something that was a system file including things like Kernel-Power and changes made to OEM binaries like FMTXD, they will be overwritten by the upgrade and will need to be changed back again....

For me this was the easiest Maemo upgrade that I have ever experienced since OS2007. All customizations and applications were left intact and I only had to replace custom binaries and modules like /usr/sbin/fmtxd and reinstall kernel-power-flasher.

It took about 25 minutes from start to finish including the mods mentioned above.

SLN member # 009

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
I have zero update. Can other folks in the USA confirm we are updateless, at least for now?
Reboot... ...

SLN member # 009

downloading here in Honduras via nokia ovi suite and waiting to see the performance

downloaded and now the information is as follows:
Nokia N900
Maemo 5
Version: 20.2010.36-2.002
so far no big changes as i can see but i have to play with it

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Dubai
Originally Posted by Nemesis82 View Post
i have nitdroid 0.0.8 installed with multiboot, can i update do pr 1.3? is there something to do first?
NO it removes the multiboot. Mine only boots into power kernal now and doesnt give me boot options. But since Nitdroid is on SDCard maybe you need to install only the multiboot as i haven't done it yet.

Device is MUCH snappier after 1.3. No longer do certain actions - like the app manager - lock my N900 up. Looks like IO handling has been much improved. In fact its to the point that I am happy to wait for titan to get the 1.3 kernel version out because right now my N900 is working as well as when I had it oced. Cant wait to see what oced 1.3 will be like.

Havent experienced any of the issues people have mentioned with SMS etc. I upgraded using ovi manager and of course I took a backup via the N900 backup program before installing the update. Then I just restored from that and Roberts your fathers brother.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by sak500 View Post
NO it removes the multiboot. Mine only boots into power kernal now and doesnt give me boot options. But since Nitdroid is on SDCard maybe you need to install only the multiboot as i haven't done it yet.
NO. It does not remove multiboot. Well, it didn't for mine.
Multiboot is intact, can boot to Nitdroid and power kernel.

Read my post of my experience.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=339

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ malaysia
python-gobject is required for quite a few apps. where do i download it thanks?

In India, only update on Maemo 5 and libqtm-messaging. what about the rest compared to 1st post's picture ?

Anything wrong ??

The Following User Says Thank You to ashy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
At last. SMS in OVi is functional, still testing it though.

The Following User Says Thank You to riceboy For This Useful Post: