Originally Posted by retsaw View Post

*Why oh why is it only printed under the battery, forcing me to turn my N900 off to read it, it isn't even printed on the box or as far as I can tell accessible through the device in any way.

You can also find it by going to settings on your phone and 'about product'

I bought a generic unbranded N900 from Carphone Warehouse in the UK and I still haven't got the update available either.

It's frustrating that they've delayed it this time too, what was the reason for the PR1.2 delay in the UK? Does anyone remember?

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by cferrism View Post
You can also find it by going to settings on your phone and 'about product'
Although I didn't think to check it at the time, I did before I posted, and no it isn't there.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
Originally Posted by carta View Post
Do you think the Vodafone PR1.3 firmware will add anything extra compared to global firmware . such as branding or even locking the device to vodafone ?
I doubt it - Vodafone themselves have explicitly confirmed that they are not doing anything to brand the N900. I've even received two N900s from them which were not VF locked...

I'd highly recommend using the flasher to install the global firmware, then you won't have this issue again. Vodafone have also explicitly confirmed that if the firmware is officially provided by Nokia, then installing it does not void warranty - so you're fine to go ahead and do that.

See here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...irmware#N900_2

i dont see why we in the uk have to deal with delays when everyone else is getting the update and more to the point no explination from nokia im running the generic uk firmware

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by wreckgar23 View Post
Here's an explanation
That's hardly an explanation

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Hterag View Post
what was the reason for the PR1.2 delay in the UK? Does anyone remember?
When I phoned Nokia customer service about the generic UK PR1.2 ugrade they tried to suggest the delay was due to communications software problems, in that the source servers were unable to push the upgrade out to the relevant UK repositories. I pointed out that that *might* have been convincing 9ha!) for a one or two day delay, but not weeks. They stuck to their script.

Sounded like rubbish then, sounds like rubbish now. I suspect that Nokia UK are just useless

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Simple answer, there is no country around the world more controlled by media than UK.

Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Although I didn't think to check it at the time, I did before I posted, and no it isn't there.
You can type *#06# in your phone to get your code.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
flash to global if u want this pile of muck.