Active Topics

Notices

I have the new version and it's clos to perfection! really good job!!

May be, for the next version, you should make more épisodes available. I explain.
I have a podcast in iTunes. When I actualize, it show me the episode since 2 months.
On my N900, whih the same link/method, it show me the last week's episode only.

Hi Thomas

First of all ive been a gpodder user (on the desktop) for many years and never even had the need to add a request/suggestion since it been perfect thx alot for all my years of enjoying gpodder

i do have a request/suggestion concerning the maemo version. could there be a quicker way to delete multiple episodes? or even an auto delete function (after X days). i find it really tiresome to manually delete one episode at a time (unless im missing something )

thx again

Zeltak

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by zeltak View Post
Hi Thomas

First of all ive been a gpodder user (on the desktop) for many years and never even had the need to add a request/suggestion since it been perfect thx alot for all my years of enjoying gpodder

i do have a request/suggestion concerning the maemo version. could there be a quicker way to delete multiple episodes? or even an auto delete function (after X days). i find it really tiresome to manually delete one episode at a time (unless im missing something )

thx again

Zeltak
Go to "All Episodes" and select "Delete Episodes" from menu to delete multiple episodes at a time

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsawhney For This Useful Post:
Does anyone have a gpodder high CPU usage when gpodder is in the background when your playing an audio or video podcast? I know there's MAFW communication going on but sometimes (not always) it stutters and freezes up the video with two or three gpodder processes eating up CPU usage at the same time (checked via htop).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2010-10-20 at 14:40.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
The multi-episode delete feature is available in the main window app menu.

For the automatic deletion, this is already implemented in the Desktop version - the Maemo version only needs its settings exposed. If you feel adventurous, you can already enable the feature in gpodder.conf and have old episodes automatically deleted on startup (be sure to mark all interesting episodes as "keep" to prevent them from being deleted).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
cool thx thomas

any chance a gui for that will appear in the next versions?

best

zeltak

any chance a gui for that will appear in the next versions?
The chances are higher if you file a feature request on bugs.maemo.org with a detailed proposal of where and how this should be positioned/work. You might want to take the desktop version as an example of the preferences UI and suggest something for Maemo

Originally Posted by thp View Post
Originally Posted by rfeese View Post
Is there a way to play all episodes in a podcast in order? I don't want to have to select each episode one-by-one. For now I have resorted to using the built-in media player's database to browse and play all episodes.
It conflicts a bit with the way resuming is implemented. That said, it should be possible (and gPodder should correctly receive playback actions, just not resume when playing multiple files) and just requires some UI elements. Go and file a feature request at bugs.maemo.org (Extras / gPodder) and I'll have a look at it eventually
I also vote for playing multiple episodes (at least all unplayed downloads, as it was before). without this feature I can use gpodder for episodes download only and then play them in the media player (as rfeese wrotes)

should we file a new enhancement bug for this? it seems to be included in https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5182 but I think the playing action is the most important.

The Following User Says Thank You to alef For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Russia,Moscow
gPodder crashes(well actually just close) right after I enter login&pass into the fields "sync with gpodder.com"...PR1.3

Originally Posted by qwenjis View Post
gPodder crashes(well actually just close) right after I enter login&pass into the fields "sync with gpodder.com"...PR1.3
Please start gPodder in X Terminal like this:

Code:
gpodder --verbose
Then try to reproduce the problem and post the output here.

Tags
fremantle, gpodder, maemo 5, not android, podcast, testing