Can't say anything about battery life yet, but I think it freezes less now. (did an upgrade, not reflash)

Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Can't say anything about battery life yet, but I think it freezes less now. (did an upgrade, not reflash)
Freeze? That's never happened to me ever. Perhaps you are running some thing from extras-devel?

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I'm not so sure about battery life, as it's fine with me since PR1.2; but it seems that the memory usage is higher than before (used 20-30MB more than before)

Fyi. I use extras-devel extensively and OC'd my N900 with titan's kernel.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ india
Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
Battery definitely seems better. I did PR 1.3 OTA and have the following
- stock kernel
- at&t NYC area 2G no WIFI
- google IM always on and connected on edge
- check nokia messaging every 30 mins
- no widets other than calender desktop execution cmd

at the current time(6 hrs off charger), my battery would be at 74%, its currently at 84%

anyone notice similar improvements?
yes my battery also improved life now.i have one problem that is my netstory app not working on PR 1.3 any idea to solve this problem?

yeaaa, veery obvious change...... (using 2G ) and loooooooooooong lasting...

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Just when I got my new phone my old phone received an important update mitigating an important issue I had with it. Although a year too late I'm glad it works for you folks. I'll keep using the device over WLAN and hack more on it now.

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Besides Battery life I cant see any other significant changes. Anybody notices any other changes?

Infact the application menu seems to have become a little laggy. I havent emmc, is it because of that?

Please let me the significant performance improvement felt by anybody

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Italy
I noticed too that battery life is improved with PR1.3

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ İstanbul - Turkey
This might be related to the updated PulseAudio. It's a real CPU eater, I wonder why Nokia wanted to use it with Maemo.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Originally Posted by vivek5000 View Post
Besides Battery life I cant see any other significant changes. Anybody notices any other changes?

Infact the application menu seems to have become a little laggy. I havent emmc, is it because of that?

Please let me the significant performance improvement felt by anybody
OK... PR 1.3 was not what we were expeting, and I didn't updated yet but, battery improviments are not a little thing... is a hard work of debugging and performance tests. Right? so, as soon as my main apps report to work on PR 1.3 I'll update.