I would say its been slightly improved for me (wifi only, 2G) I recently bumped up the brightness on my phone, and considering the fact that I can have a brighter screen in the same (good, not great) amount of charge would indicate an improvement on power management.

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
Both are worked in PR1.0-PR1.1. But in PR1.2 sr_vdd2_autocomp was disabled in kernel because it seemed as a source of hardware failure.

Now we can set both to 1 again and it works for me around 24h well.

BTW, from comments it looks like Nokia set sr_vdd1_autocomp by default but I am too lazy to do a reboot to check that - can you do?

I would be not surprised if power-saving discussed here can be accounted to sr_vdd1_autocomp.
i check it iand is not enable by default , btw can you explain what this options do ? Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to e0x For This Useful Post:
Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
Im not too sure about the better battery life anymore but I'm expermenting with it and I'll post my views later on

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by e0x View Post
i check it iand is not enable by default , btw can you explain what this options do ? Thanks
Some ARM CPU power management tweaks. The documents are about hundreds pages.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I'm glad to see all these mentions of improved battery life! I haven't noticed anything significant myself yet, but I was never worried about battery life to begin with.

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
After the update to 1.3, when the phone indicates the battery is fully charged, running the terminal command "lshal | grep percentage" returns 85%.
On PR1.2 the same command returned 96% with full battery.

Is the battery actually charging less, or is there a calibration to be performed here?

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
i agree batterylife have been massivly improved and its extremely noticeable!
...perhaps 15-20% better, than before.

brother also noticed this with his N900 as well...

in the beginning i was unsure, but now i must say that PR1.3 have turned out to be a "sneaky" and very good update!

Last edited by S0urcerr0r; 2010-10-28 at 19:24.

Yesterday my fully charged battery drained in about 5 hours. Phone was on WiFi didn't make a single call or web just checked email couple times.
So i decided to try again little code posted by Egoshin in another thread http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=189
It worked for me on PR 1.2 and it works now with PR 1.3
Just wanted to bring to attention if anybody having some issues with battery. Thanks to egoshin.

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
In addition I recommend you to run this commands and test it again:

echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/ignore_nice_load

renice 1 `cat /syspart/applications/standby/background/tasks`
renice 1 `ps | grep modest | cut -c1-5`

It should save you a lot of battery over standby. I have increase more then 50%.

(Note: modest renice would work until you call e-mail GUI, after that it reverts back. I am working on it)

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
Originally Posted by ed00 View Post
Yesterday my fully charged battery drained in about 5 hours. Phone was on WiFi didn't make a single call or web just checked email couple times.
So i decided to try again little code posted by Egoshin in another thread http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=189
It worked for me on PR 1.2 and it works now with PR 1.3
Just wanted to bring to attention if anybody having some issues with battery. Thanks to egoshin.
what does this code do exactly?

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

it improved battery life significantly. At least for me .