Active Topics

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ liverpool
Hi everyone, hope you can help me with my n800!

I plug in the charger and i get a white background with the blue nokia writing and then now and again it will switch to the charger icon, then back to the white with blue nokia screen! cant get it to boot up! looks to me like its not charging! tried different chargers! different power supplies in different houses!

i havent installed anthing to brick it and i dont mess around with the kernel ect!

any ideas?

seems to be the battery but i havent really used the battery ove rthe last 8 or so months!

cheers

This happened to me on my 770 a few times. Try taking the battery out and putting it back in. then turn it on while its NOT charging. after it boots you should be able to plug the charger in and it will charge.

Did this help?

thanks for your reply

i tried that mate, no luck!

thanks

Then you could always try re-flashing the firmware.....

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Nth Carolina
Originally Posted by mrlanrat View Post
Then you could always try re-flashing the firmware.....
..and how do you propose to do that if it won't even turn on?

yes it wont let me get enough power to get into usb mode!, the icon flashes up for a split second then go's back to white background with blue nokia! i contacted nokia and the agent says that their is a differnt procedure to send the internet tablets in for repair! he took my details and im waiting now 4 days later! he kept on asking me for my imei number but i had to tell him a few times it doesnt have one as its not a phone. i guess he was filling in the standard templates for returns! which i looked at on the nokia site.

cheers

Things happen when you plug the usb cable in and start the flashing process on the PC.

The N800 should be off, unplug the charger cable, plug in the usb cable, start the flashing procedure on the PC, _then_ plug in the charger cable. This will reflash the N800 unless it's a hardware problem. That you can't turn it on at the moment may be a firmware problem, which shouldn't prevent re-flashing.

if i unplug the charger cable, there is not enough power to switch fully on! just a few seconds and then off!

cheers

Yes, but that doesn't matter! You are going to use the charger when flashing it. At no point will you be turning it on on battery power during the flashing. Pls. re-read the instructions.. they are rather simple.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Yes, but that doesn't matter! You are going to use the charger when flashing it. At no point will you be turning it on on battery power during the flashing. Pls. re-read the instructions.. they are rather simple.
Should work. this is what I ment.