Notices

i got it working for sf4 and nba2k11, a combination of the right .KO and openbm, most of my non 3.42 games also work like blur etc..

how i got it working...
i have reflash my n900 to the stock kernel
ive installed psfreedom gui from extras-devel
replace the .ko in "/opt/psfreedom/modules/omap1" with the pl3 .ko
opened openbm.1.17.2
start sf4 and the rest works...

however i can see that it freezes sometimes. compared to the older open backup manager and power kernel ko's ...

another thing is. maybe the reason it didint work the 1st time is because im using the commandline to lauch ng psfreedom (./psfreedom-enabled.sh)

when i switched to gui program everything work smooth and easily,

i hope this helps for others also.....

Originally Posted by madcat820 View Post
i got it working for sf4 and nba2k11, a combination of the right .KO and openbm, most of my non 3.42 games also work like blur etc..

how i got it working...
i have reflash my n900 to the stock kernel
ive installed psfreedom gui from extras-devel
replace the .ko in "/opt/psfreedom/modules/omap1" with the pl3 .ko
opened openbm.1.17.2
start sf4 and the rest works...

however i can see that it freezes sometimes. compared to the older open backup manager and power kernel ko's ...

another thing is. maybe the reason it didint work the 1st time is because im using the commandline to lauch ng psfreedom (./psfreedom-enabled.sh)

when i switched to gui program everything work smooth and easily,

i hope this helps for others also.....
Could you provide me a link with the pl3 .ko please?

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
noob question: how long does it usually take for the red light to go green?

about 10 seconds after you turn the ps3 on

i couldn't make the hack work with power kernel (from extras testing)

it only worked with normal kernel

oh so that's why it's not turning green and its been already 30mins. lol

i did replace the .ko file from mohammad for kernelpower. but it's still not working i suppose.

i would like to ask if there are other steps that im missing after installing psfreedom gui? what else should i get or be doing?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
My GUI supports both kernel-power and omap1, why are you guys replacing modules?
It should work on power40 (and power37, but I didn't test this)

how come it's not working on my ps3? and what is that pl3.ko that they are talking about?

i checked my ps3 version and it's 3.31. it's not on the options for pl3.
will 3.1 work?

help anyone pls?