Active Topics

Notices

My first post here so Hi to everyone.

Has anyone had any luck setting up Nokia Messaging in UK on 3 network? I am not sure what exactly is wrong but after selecting from the first settings menu: United Kingdom and Nokia Messaging it takes forever to 'Acquire e-mail setting' and the process usually ends up with an error message.

I said usually because I've actually managed to set it up twice so far. I had to uninstall after the first time as it wasn't working properly and just finished the second time and it's still not working What happens is, when I open e-mail application Nokia Messaging appears there but when I select it there's no accounts available. It prompts for my password every now and then but seems like it doesn't sync with Nokia servers.

My account is definitely working as I can log in to Nokia Messaging on the web and it was working fine up to a few days ago on my E71. I'm running Maemo 10.2010.19-1 (global version, not UK specific though) Also, not sure if that's important as it's an automatic setting but the server name in the account settings is: em1x-236.lhr.messaging.nokia.com

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
A lot of users had problems with Nokia Messaging the past few days.
Since today it is working properly again (at least for me).

So it looks like it may be just bad timing. Lucky me

Mine is still not working though and I set up everything about half an hour ago.

Still not working here. Anyone having the same issues or is it just me?
Cheers.

I have flashed the latest UK firmware instead of the global one I had and it's still not working.

That was my last try and I have pretty much run out of ideas. I have tried to add a mailbox for Nokia Messaging but it just ads a normal account in general e-mail even though it says that my account will be available after the next sync. As my Nokia Messaging account was linked with my E71 before I thought this might be a problem. So I thought I'd start from the scratch. I tried to set up a new Messaging account on Nokia web page but when I select N900 it gives you the message “Your mobile phone already has the latest Nokia Messaging software installed.” Which would make sense if it was working. So it looks like I can't simply create a new account. After that I thought that I’d give it a go with a different e-mail that is not linked with my Nokia Messaging account and set up everything on N900 without registering a new account with Nokia first. Still no luck – it just adds a normal, additional e-mail account. The last thing to try would be to go back to the older firmware but I don't think this is such a great idea.

As I said. That's it, I've had it Looks like Nokia Messaging is pretty much useless on N900 which is a shame as it worked quite well on my E71.

Last edited by czajunia; 2010-10-02 at 00:31.

Great Success!

Since my last post I have tried to activate messaging using SIM cards from other providers with no luck, obviously.

But... After installing the latest 1.3 firmware I thought I'd give it a go. Again. Not that I thought it'd work but decided to try nevertheless. And everything was set up without a single issue this time.