Active Topics

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
The bugzilla entry is bug 329.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Devon, UK
I'm also using a Linksys wireless router. No problems here though I have tweaked a few (advanced?) settings.

I had already given up using DHCP from my laptop, so for the 770 I've also used a static IP address - makes life easier with ssh too) I've also selected the low power option on the 770 (10mW rather than 100mW) since this seems to giver better range for me - sometimes it's best not to shout. And perhaps it will give better battery life.

I don't use any encryption though, since I live in the middle of nowhere. If you find yourself in a more crowded place that I realise encryption is required, and you might want to do a scan to find a quite channel.

As for disconnects. I've had a few when listenning to BBC radio, but none when listening to my own music using SlimServer running on a Linux box. The web browser seems to like to make and break conections as needed, which I guess it does to save power. Though it doesn't seem to know what it's doing when in offline mode.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
Well, Your WLAN connection drops off probably because in the Connection setting of the Nokia 770 the WLAN WIFI connections is set to drop after a certain time. If you change this time setting to say ,1 hour then perhaps the connection will last that long.