Active Topics

My n900 has died!!!!! I was texting someone, then i went to press send on touch screen, and nothing, turned the phone off and back on and all i get it the white NOKIA screen then it resets then white screen again!!!
Anyone know if its possible to retrieve my data when the n900 is in this state via pc??? and retrieve my backups too???
Its buggered me over coz now im stuck wth my 6500 slide
cheers

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Just reflash the firmware without wiping the eMMc. I had a similar problem and this fixed it for me. After that, I had all my information and contacts intact and the phone worked fine.

P.S. Reflashing the firmware will delete all of the apps you have installed, but if you have made a recent backup, that should not be a problem.

Last edited by ALLEyezOnMe; 2010-10-30 at 12:25.

how do i flash it without emmc? im not very technical lol

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London

im having trouble with the flashing, ive installed the flasher and the global bin file, put them into the folder, do i have to extract the .bin file or just put the file straight from download to folder?? because when i start cmd or the flasher, change the directory etc, then put in the file version to be flashed it jus repeats the name of the file with a %m after.
cheers

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Try this guide. It has screenshots to compare to. Just replace the firmware version with the one you want to use. Hope this is useful. It was to me when I learnt how to do it.http://www.maemofanatics.com/how-to-...ur-nokia-n900/