Active Topics

Poll: Did PR 1.3 meet YOUR PERSONAL EXPECTATIONS???
Poll Options
Did PR 1.3 meet YOUR PERSONAL EXPECTATIONS???

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
I could think of my car as a stereo with a car bolted to it and the sound is pretty neat. This does not excuse the car from suddenly veering to the left if I play the stereo at the same time.

We aren't talking about advanced telephony here. I didn't say conference, conversation bridging, video call, even MMS. We are talking about a phone, bolted or not, that stutters in the middle of a call, fails to ring, can't take USSD (mandatory for many operators), has no Cell Broadcast and in many circumstances isn't just unwieldly, but downright unusable.

Bolted or not, if it hangs midcall on speaker and I can't press the red button and everybody hears my call it's below standard.

Plus, forget the phone. Is it a decent device one that can't play audio and browse the simplest of pages at the same time? Does it not imply that a Linux tablet with said specs can run such load with no issues? Lesser phones do.

I expect such issues to be resolved, in less than a year. It is not unreasonable. Feel free to add an argument against it.

And no I won't think of it as a tablet that makes calls. That may be a good trick to sleep better, but it's still wrong. Heck, if I think f it as a carrot, it's the best carrot ever.
If that happens for you... you are doing something wrong. I would not blame the n900. Sure it's not perfect but it does what was intended for it. Actually it does a lot more taking in what the community have produced for it.

If i where you. I would try to find a solution instead of whining. But maybe the n900 is to advanced for you.. then you should try to find a device more suitable for you.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
If that happens for you... you are doing something wrong. I would not blame the n900. Sure it's not perfect but it does what was intended for it. Actually it does a lot more taking in what the community have produced for it.

If i where you. I would try to find a solution instead of whining. But maybe the n900 is to advanced for you.. then you should try to find a device more suitable for you.
AlMehdi is right. Please stop supporting or using the Maemo platform. You clearly bought the wrong device. You should do what I did and get something else that actually tends to works well, is far easier to use and does more. At least, that's what I'm gathering from what he said--unless maybe he meant to call you stupid. But, he wouldn't be jackass enough to be going around calling people stupid out of hand like that, would he?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moscow, Russia

Originally Posted by mhamza View Post
I tried to visit the link, and Norton gave me this message
Malicious Web Site Blocked

You attempted to access:

http://yoush.homelinux.org:8079/tech...tion-continues

This is a known malicious web site. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this site. The detailed report explains the security risks on this site.

For your protection, this web site has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.
WTF?!!!

This site is my blog, hosted at my home server.

Could you please show me "detailed report" mentioned above, so I could check what is going on? Perhaps in a private message, or in a mail to yoush at cs.msu.su?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
test page with this
http://www.siteadvisor.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
test page with this
http://www.siteadvisor.com/
Looks like this service has summary data about entire homelinux.org domain. Since it is a DynDNS domain, it's subdomains are absolutely unrelated to each other. So someone else has a broken site, and it causes this service to lie about my site.

Bad.

Wrote a complain to their support. Don't know if this will help or not.

Last edited by yoush; 2010-10-30 at 19:35.

Originally Posted by yoush View Post
Looks like this service has summary data about entire homelinux.org domain. Since it is a DynDNS domain, it's subdomains are absolutely unrelated to each other. So someone else has a broken site, and it causes this service to lie about my site.

Bad.

Wrote a complain to their support. Don't know if this will help or not.
I checked your site again, and it is working on anoher computer withNorton 2010 that is up to date, so don't worry i think it was temporary, i'll recheck it again and give you the feedback.

Originally Posted by mhamza View Post
I checked your site again, and it is working on anoher computer withNorton 2010 that is up to date, so don't worry i think it was temporary, i'll recheck it again and give you the feedback.
If so, I suggest deleting this discussion from this thread, it is offtopic here anyway.
I'm somewhat uncomfortable with my site being declared as malicious in big red letters... Please remove your posts and I will remove mine in return

To return on topic - I've just managed to unbreak ussd-widget on PR1.3 - see same blog for details (only for those who is able to edit a python script on phone).

(but install-time problem still exists, need to run ldconfig after installation or prepare to get unbootable phone)

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post

But still Nokia didnt advertise the N900 as a "geekphone".

Tags
fanbois cry, harsh reality, head splitting, noob noise, qt and bugfixes, rraaggee!!!, shitter thread, waaaaahhh