Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by snuski View Post
i hope meego will be available for average user someday
NO again nokia has said it will not be supported on N900! but we have latest QT in PR1.3 and its FAR MORE intresting than Meego so stop whine in every thread created in this forum!! or contact nokia instead of whing in an open source forum!!

Originally Posted by fadimck View Post
Does this mean that I will have to wait till April 2011 to get the official release of Meego??
Yup....as i told you now everything is getting sick for N900.
i advice you to go for either: E7 or HTC Desire HD until Nokia releases their MeeGo devices in 2011.

This what i am going to do....i will investigate more about HTC DHD & E7 and then choose.

TC

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
the question is, can i update from 1.1 to 1.2 later on?

Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
the question is, can i update from 1.1 to 1.2 later on?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
you can but not now. 1,2 will be released in April 2011

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by fadimck View Post
Does this mean that I will have to wait till April 2011 to get the official release of Meego??
Despite the official notice, I think you'll be able to get a final release sooner than that by buying a device that has it installed. Maybe not from Nokia, but I bet someone will have one before then.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by !!Nokia N900!! View Post
This is the sick part from Nokia. if N900's hardware is meant for MeeGo, then why they didnt work on it effectively. Even by 2011 when MeeGo 1.2 will be available for N900, that time how will look at N900 where it is surrounded by more advanced meeGo devices.
The N900 hardware is not meant for Meego, it is meant for Maemo 5. It just so happens that when they decided to merge Maemo with Intel's Moblin to create Meego, they needed some device as a development platform for mobile devices, and the N900 was the best choice. When the N900 was developed, it was never intended for it to run Meego, in fact Meego wasn't conceived until some time afterwards. It is only as a side effect of the Meego development process that an N900 version is being developed.

We are wasting our life in waiting & keeping hopes.
N900 life is Now not in 2011

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh
We already have a great OS on our N900s with Maemo, no need to get hung up on how long it'll be till Meego is ready. I can't see a compelling reason to want Meego right now, but if you really do, use the current not-quite-there-yet version. But when Meego is complete and usable, we'll have an extra choice of what OS to run on our N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post: