Active Topics

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Clearly, a blog post by an ignoramus (the amount of errors is worthy of a triple facepalm, however impossible that might prove to be.) eager to make his voice know. Shame on you.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
However i do I agree that Nokia needs to stick to one platform.
That is a moot point. Samsung has at least 4 platforms, or 5 depending how you count. LG has 3 platforms. SE has 3 or 4 depending. Nokia has 5 right now; S40, S60, Symbian^1, Symbian^3 and Maemo, but they are probably more like 3.

None of the big ones can afford sticking to one single platform, they have to have several to attract different user groups while still being able to make cost effective devices.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
That is a moot point. Samsung has at least 4 platforms, or 5 depending how you count. LG has 3 platforms. SE has 3 or 4 depending. Nokia has 5 right now; S40, S60, Symbian^1, Symbian^3 and Maemo, but they are probably more like 3.

None of the big ones can afford sticking to one single platform, they have to have several to attract different user groups while still being able to make cost effective devices.
What??? You are almost as bad as the blog poster!!!

Nokia has ONLY 3 plaforms, S40 (non-smartphone), and S60 (Symbian), there have been other Sxx series, but have been variations of S60 - so really just S60. And now Maemo/Meego.

what I mean by sticking to one platform is - stick to Maemo/Meego, don't go changing it in 6 months time when MeeGo just doesn't quite match up, (i.e. the 3 platforms, S40, S60 and Meego is a the way forward.)

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
What??? You are almost as bad as the blog poster!!!

Nokia has ONLY 3 plaforms, S40 (non-smartphone), and S60 (Symbian), there have been other Sxx series, but have been variations of S60 - so really just S60. And now Maemo/Meego.

what I mean by sticking to one platform is - stick to Maemo/Meego, don't go changing it in 6 months time when MeeGo just doesn't quite match up, (i.e. the 3 platforms, S40, S60 and Meego is a the way forward.)
There are S60,3 and S60,5 and Symbian^3 (officially), and they are rather different. OS vise they are divided as S60-3, Symbian^1 and Symbian^3 (officially).