Notices

Hi all,

I've noticed that when I click on the venue icon and then refresh it more often than not doesn't actually show me any venues that are close to my current location.
This means that I always have to do a search to find what I want.

Is there anyway we can make this work?

Thanks
Chris

My Blog

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
finally i can now sign in but i cant ping facebook?
so i dont really have a use for it
great work scottNZ with the fixes by the way

edit: now i can ping fb and twitter
i pressed the view on 4sq button, nothing happened
so i pressed it lots of times
lots of opera browsers failed to open with a raise error (why is it opening opera?)
then when i closed all that and tried to check in there was the options to ping fb and twitter again, strange

nothing was sent to facebook until i un-linked then re-linked my fb account on 4sq

Last edited by leetut; 2010-09-22 at 08:29.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
Hi!

I know that you are busy with your thesis, but i would like to ask/request one quite essential feature which i thinki is missing from Barriosquare.

We should be able to flag venues for few purposes like if venue is mislocated, closed or duplicated.

I myself have no clue how to do these, but the code is found API documentation from FS website.

If this possible i think that would be great feature for Barriosquare.

I have used this and web based Cotchin to check-in venues, but i must say that i like to use Barrioaquare more, because its lot faster to use.

thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to mele For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Eventhough Barriosquare has quite limited functionality, I'm really enjoying it and find my self checking-in somewhere every day.

What I'd like to get to work the most:
- Pinging Friends, Posting in Twitter or Facebook doesn't work for me, will try fix with re-enabling accounts mentioned in this thread.
- Adding a venue simply returns an "Error!" message.

Thanks for your work so far!

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Hi! I was really looking forward in installing this application but sadly whenever I try to install it I get a conflict.

It says that there's a conflict with an app: python2.5-qt4-gui(4.7-maemo7)

I'm not a noob persé but this is something I really can't figure out =P Any help would be awesome!

Yeah never mind!

Last edited by ellehwho; 2010-10-11 at 12:01.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malaysia
sorry, because of my noob, I still cant find where's the check-in button

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
find venue....search or locste via gps...
click check in here, button is located at top right...wait a moment
select if you want to ping your frinds or tweet your check in or post somehing to facebook. then click big check-in button

The Following User Says Thank You to mele For This Useful Post:
I am unable to check in anywhere recently.
When i select a venue, i get progress bar reaching 100% and it just stops there.

@arkanoid I have the same problem. It seems that I cannot check-in to venues that have utf-8 characters in their names, the progress-bar reaches 100% and then halts. Check-in to venues with only ascii characters are ok.

It's been working previously noprob.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malaysia
finally i figured out how to check-in, but another problem comes in, i cant post update on facebook but twitter with no problem.