Poll: How does the present and future of tablets look for you?
Poll Options
How does the present and future of tablets look for you?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Garage Battle View Post
im tired of walking out to my car with an archos, a nokia tablet, my cell phone, and a laptop. its getting old.
Just curious, what is the laptop for?

bun

situations when i need a full pc. i buy/sell cars a lot, sometimes need to do things like write ads for cars or responses to emails. created a for sale post, ftp pics to my server, etc.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
Considering video watching, the improvement on the N810 release is definitely real. For instance google videos (video.google.com) - if you download any movie they have for "Sony PSP / iPod video" there, it plays along really nicely also on the N810. (Well, except for one interesting bug.) But full screen really smooth video anyway, even I was suprised over how good it was.
I used to do this with my n800 a long long while ago. NOthing new there.. but the amount of google videos is a far cry when compared to youtube

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Maine & Florida - USA
I just bought the N800 two months ago (and, this is not a complaint) The retail price drop on the N800 hampers those that might buy an N810 if the resale value of their N800 were still what it was before the price drop.

There are also some things that I would have done different about the N810 (in order for it to be a personal 'must upgrade today' thing) ... and those two things combined make me stick with the N800 for the foreseeable future.

It does seem that the majority of users on the forum here are N800 owners who will also wait for the next big thing from Nokia : )

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'll just say it again. The pissed off n800 users were like me (a 770 owner) when the n800 came out. I saved the $400 and will most likely get an n810. Wait for the n900 guys. You'll be less mad.

I agree with Zerojay. If Nokia *is* reading this site, I hope they're paying the poor bastard who has to sift through the gripes very well. You all know full well there's an opensource mapping program out there. I don't like / wanna pay for Windows, so I run Ubuntu at home. If you don't like / wanna pay for anything in the built in mapping software, run MaemoMapper.

Stay tuned for my podcast "Shoetying: You can do it big guy!" next Thurs!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Nokia wasn't looking to convert very many current/prospective N800 owners as much as pick up entirely new customers (and to a smaller degree try to repatriate disgruntled 770 owners). Note that I haven't been clued in to the Big Strategy.