Notices

Very strange: I do not see anymore "create as a child" checkbox when creating a new memo. I still see the parents-child indentation in memo list, but I cannot create childs any more.

PR1.3 and Maepad 1.8. I don't know when exactly I lost the functionnality...

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by fab View Post
Very strange: I do not see anymore "create as a child" checkbox when creating a new memo. I still see the parents-child indentation in memo list, but I cannot create childs any more.
Same here.

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Exactly, I think File Transfers uses Monorail.
But it worked perfect with me Xournal "File Transfer" installed.

It's strange.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by fab View Post

PR1.3 and Maepad 1.8. I don't know when exactly I lost the functionnality...
When you upgraded to MaePad 1.8. It's been removed, as the tree structure does not work right with the search-as-you-type functionality, and I consider the search functionality more important than the tree functionality. Also, if you used the tree to group memos by project / type, you can do so now by simply adding the project name to the memo title and then simply search for the project name, and your list will be filtered down. It's more like tagging, and more powerful in this way (imagine you have four memos: PROJA TASKS, PROJB TASKS, PROJA IDEAS, PROJB IDEAS). If you now want to search for all memos related to project A, you can search for "proja". If you are interested in open tasks independent of the project, you can search for "tasks". This also allows for more sophisticated organization structures - whatever works best for you.

The problem with the tree-based lists was that child nodes were not always found, even if they matched correctly, because their parent nodes did not match. This could have been worked around, but I figured as it's not used by me that much and searching kind of reduces the need for tree-based structures (and the tree-based structure was not that ideally implemented visually), we'd rather get rid of it and gain search functionality

MaePadWeb 2.0 is here:

Grab it from Extras-Devel.

More information: http://thpmaemo.blogspot.com/2010/11...-anywhere.html

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Downloaded and tested!

I can view but not modify the elements.

Are there plans?
Attached Images

Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
I can view but not modify the elements.

Are there plans?
Only checklists are editable at the moment. Sketches are probably never going to be editable (not that it's not technically possible, but it's difficult) and rich text depends.. I could make it editable "as source" (so you get a textarea with HTML in it that you can edit).

Also, you can't create/edit/rename memos now (but that's also something that can be added in the future). The main use case right now is to view and edit lists of things on your computer (so you can gather ideas while on the go and then open up MaePadWeb on your computer when you come home and process the ideas).

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Southern Germany
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Sketches are probably never going to be editable (not that it's not technically possible, but it's difficult)
An HTML upload of a sketch image from the desktop would propably be an option.
Choosing an image from file system and upload it into MaePad could be rather helpful here.

The Following User Says Thank You to ofels For This Useful Post:
Some remarks on tree structure disappearing:

- It's a shame. The tree structure is a good starting point. It's not enough, of course, and searching is a good way to make tag system available, I agree. But the first list with a structure is important. I miss the functionnality.

- The current application does not comply with all the descriptions (sourceforge, the package itself, my-maemo.org...) where node tree approach is stated.

- If we speak about limitations of the tree structured approach, may I suggest that what is really needed is a way to store all links between memos and a way to give a semantic value for the link: a memo may be linked to another one for many reasons:
o it talks about the same subject
o there is a thought association between them
o one is the next memo in a set
o they are both memos from a containing one (like pages in a book)
o ...

- Last but not least: some child memos are lost when editing the parent one.