i made a hard rest in my n900, in the middle of the process the flasher prompted an error and finished the process. when i triyed to turn the phone on i found that the sreen was not showing anything and there only where squares. after a few seconds it shut down by it self.
so i sed... lets hard reset it again... but, there where not a chance to making my pc to recognice the phone keeping still at the moment where it says "suitable usb device not found".
i tryed a lot of times with the same result. no recognition.
please help!!!

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
did you try the whole hold down "u" thing to get it into the proper mode to be flashed?

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
What is "hard reset" for N900?

Originally Posted by luarnitram View Post
i made a hard rest in my n900, in the middle of the process the flasher prompted an error and finished the process. when i triyed to turn the phone on i found that the sreen was not showing anything and there only where squares. after a few seconds it shut down by it self.
so i sed... lets hard reset it again... but, there where not a chance to making my pc to recognice the phone keeping still at the moment where it says "suitable usb device not found".
i tryed a lot of times with the same result. no recognition.
please help!!!
I've had a similar thing on mine. I got it between fiasco flash and eMMC flash. (it wouldn't take the eMMC, and I was forced to reset it)

If you have weird buttons, with squares for your font... it's the same thing.

As optimistprime says, make sure your phone is off. Hold down "u", plug in USB cable, and let go when flasher starts.

If also heard about having the flasher running and waiting for a device. Then just plugging in a turned off N900 should start it running.

Either way, you need to be flashing the eMMC.. (probably kernel too if you can). Just try not to reboot the N900 between the 2 flashes.

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
What is "hard reset" for N900?
Reflash - I'd guess

Try this:

Remove battery, plug N900 into computer, hold U, insert battery while still holding U.

tryied all you folks said and nothing works... please some help... my phone is non functioning.

gazzlam what have you done to make it recognizable for reflashing?

Tags
hard reset, maemo, problem, reset, usb problem