Notices

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Pretty ineffective input method.

Originally Posted by bAdBoYz View Post
Do you mean complicated to use or complicated to program?
complicated to use.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I wonder when someone is going to reinvent the single most succesful and precise gesture-based text input method in the world: Graffiti.

If you're going to force a user to learn a horrible set of mostly-circular gestures... why not go Graffiti while you're at it.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Montevideo
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I wonder when someone is going to reinvent the single most succesful and precise gesture-based text input method in the world: Graffiti.

If you're going to force a user to learn a horrible set of mostly-circular gestures... why not go Graffiti while you're at it.
Was about to say that...if you already have to move around the screen like writting a letter, why don't writte directly the letter instead of some complicated and non intuitive circuit there?

Tried Graffiti in Garnet VM and works pretty well in the N900, but probably can't be ported to work native because patents or something like that.

Originally Posted by gmuslera View Post
Was about to say that...if you already have to move around the screen like writting a letter, why don't writte directly the letter instead of some complicated and non intuitive circuit there?

Tried Graffiti in Garnet VM and works pretty well in the N900, but probably can't be ported to work native because patents or something like that.
Aren't software parents only in USA ? if so then why do we care ?

Hi,

a colleague suggested me a software that already implemented a kind of this 8pen-method for OpenMoko: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Qwo

It looks a little bit more complicated than 8pen, because it uses 8 fields instead of 4, but i think it shouldn't be that difficult to modify this (if it is well written, I didn't read the source code)

I hope this should ease the porting work.

Lg.

Tags
i'll get right, on that