Hi everybody, can someone please help me?
somehow, n900 lost all wifi connections and the 3g connection as well. doing some research, i found that putting this line in rootsh(modprobe -r -v wl12xx) it brings back the 3g and it works fine, but still no wifi detection at all. if i turn off the device, i will have to do all over again to at least have the 3g connection, but i couldnt find any help in bringing wifi back to detection.
Thank you.
Cruz

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Singapore
I think I have the same or at least a similar issue. After a restart, I will see my provider's 3G data connection in the list and I can use it. If I use the 'Backup' application to restore my pre 1.3 applications, the 3G connection disappears. This happens as soon as 'Backup' launches the 'App. Manager', i.e., no need to actually install any applications. I'll only get 3G connection back after a restart.

When I select the 3G connection after a restart, I get a question about whether I want to allow autoconnection in the future, and I always answer yes.

By now I have reinstalled all the pre 1.3 apps I wanted through Wifi, so maybe I won't encounter this anymore, but it sure was annoying before I figured out the behaviour.
MobiTifo (which was formerly known as QSportsEvent) - Sports leagues tracking (mainly football).