Notices

Originally Posted by Kenny1001 View Post
I cant install nfsu
Tried it with the autoinstaller, and the ipk file, and he blocks on allready the first step.
Did I not read a step?
hey you can find the instalation guide on www.techoinfo.com

i am trying to play monopoly but i get an error when i disable the shake to roll feature and press the back button - when i run from the console i get this:

SDLGL: Requested GL minor version 0 (ignored)
SDLGL: Requested GL major version 1
SDLGL: Called SetVideoMode(320, 480, 0, 0x2)
SDLGL: Requested OpenGL video mode
SDLGL: SDL_GLES initialized (res=0)
SDLGL: Asked if video mode 800x480x16 (0x90000000) is ok
PDL: Init: Service name is com.ea.app.monopoly
PDL: Screen dimming prevention ON
PDL: Application handles pause events
PDL: Switch orientation to 3
ACCEL: Opening accelerometer
PDL: Application asked for lang, giving en_GB
Segmentation fault

anyone knows why?

all the files in the monopolyclassic folder are symlinks to a folder in mydocs, except for the executable one (all the games are working this way).

Thanks.

Last edited by impeham; 2010-11-02 at 12:00.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Anyway Asphalt5 cannot play it's own movie.
I can get Asphalt to do everything except play the in game movies.I've seen demo videos of them working though, I'm thinking its a codec issue?

I get black screens and can hear sound but i cant see anything during videos.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
i am trying to play monopoly but i get an error when i disable the shake to roll feature and press the back button - when i run from the console i get this:

SDLGL: Requested GL minor version 0 (ignored)
SDLGL: Requested GL major version 1
SDLGL: Called SetVideoMode(320, 480, 0, 0x2)
SDLGL: Requested OpenGL video mode
SDLGL: SDL_GLES initialized (res=0)
SDLGL: Asked if video mode 800x480x16 (0x90000000) is ok
PDL: Init: Service name is com.ea.app.monopoly
PDL: Screen dimming prevention ON
PDL: Application handles pause events
PDL: Switch orientation to 3
ACCEL: Opening accelerometer
PDL: Application asked for lang, giving en_GB
Segmentation fault

anyone knows why?

all the files in the monopolyclassic folder are symlinks to a folder in mydocs, except for the executable one (all the games are working this way).

Thanks.
Hi there,
I was struggling with the very same problem for the past couple of nights, and just resolved it. The problem was the the save folder and it's contents are not writeable, and when you change an option, the app needs to make a change to some of the files and can't. So the solution is:

chmod -R 777 monopolyclassic/save

This will recursively give write access to everyone (i.e. user), and all works well. I've updated the Wiki (http://wiki.maemo.org/Preenv/FAQ#How...ith_an_icon.3F).

Now I'm trying to move it to MyDocs to save some space, problem is you can't change ownership in MyDocs (I think because it is NTFS fs). But I moved NFSUC in to MyDocs and game saves are working fine, so I'm hoping Monopoly will be fine too.

Cheers,

travla

EDIT: I just created symlinks to all directories under monopolyclassic, and it is working a treat - no crash on changing settings and game saves working. This saved 45mb of space, had to leave all files under monopolyclassic in /home/user/. I may have been able to create symlinks to each one of those (I saw someone had written a simple loop for this) but couldn't be bothered, only 15 mb...

Last edited by travla; 2010-11-02 at 12:39. Reason: Added information regarding symlinks

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Swiss
it's possible to play Gangstar on N900 one day?

Originally Posted by jaimex2 View Post
I can get Asphalt to do everything except play the in game movies.I've seen demo videos of them working though, I'm thinking its a codec issue?

I get black screens and can hear sound but i cant see anything during videos.
It only shows on tv-out screen for some reason.

The Following User Says Thank You to aligatro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by travla View Post
Hi there,
I was struggling with the very same problem for the past couple of nights, and just resolved it. The problem was the the save folder and it's contents are not writeable, and when you change an option, the app needs to make a change to some of the files and can't. So the solution is:

chmod -R 777 monopolyclassic/save

This will recursively give write access to everyone (i.e. user), and all works well. I've updated the Wiki (http://wiki.maemo.org/Preenv/FAQ#How...ith_an_icon.3F).

Now I'm trying to move it to MyDocs to save some space, problem is you can't change ownership in MyDocs (I think because it is NTFS fs). But I moved NFSUC in to MyDocs and game saves are working fine, so I'm hoping Monopoly will be fine too.

Cheers,

travla

EDIT: I just created symlinks to all directories under monopolyclassic, and it is working a treat - no crash on changing settings and game saves working. This saved 45mb of space, had to leave all files under monopolyclassic in /home/user/. I may have been able to create symlinks to each one of those (I saw someone had written a simple loop for this) but couldn't be bothered, only 15 mb...
Once again. This is wrong. Yes it will work , but no its not correct. It is much better to do a chown -R user:users on the game folder. This changes ownership of the folder to be owned by user who runs the app rather than just giving everyone write access to the folder.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Once again. This is wrong. Yes it will work , but no its not correct. It is much better to do a chown -R user:users on the game folder. This changes ownership of the folder to be owned by user who runs the app rather than just giving everyone write access to the folder.
I don't think it matters that much on the mobile system. There is only one user. But on overall, you are right.

The Following User Says Thank You to aligatro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Thanks for the tip Bratag, learning as I go. Do you recommend that I chown the top level game folder recursively (that has multiple games), or just the folders that a particular game needs to write to?

Originally Posted by travla View Post
Thanks for the tip Bratag, learning as I go. Do you recommend that I chown the top level game folder recursively (that has multiple games), or just the folders that a particular game needs to write to?
That would work - I generally do each game folder as I install it but recursive from the applications (or wherever you have your palm games installed - mine is /home/user/applications) would work.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Tags
bada rox, chuck norris, phone, preenv, webos