Notices

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
@MohammadAG: Is there an offiziös hildon-desktop mod for PR1.3 ?
A user here made a fix, but I'm not sure if it's working correctly.
Thx for your answer.
That's a great question! Is it moist and ready for PR1.3 and is their a way to revert back to previous settings? Also I've notice similar "Hildon Desktop Mods" that don't say they work with PR1.3 either. Is their a way to get the team (the 3 of ya) can put all three into one autoinstall or something! By the way...,you guys rock! You proved to be just as good as these "Nokia Programers" if not better if you were able to fix their crap left undone befor them!

Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
This is a bug in hildon-desktop, not catorise, and is to do with menu sub directories.

To rectify this you can istall MohammadAG or Matans modified hildon-desktop.
Why do we have to resort to installing third-party hildon-desktop? I think the catorize developers should be shot for not implementing a work-around to the so-called hildon-desktop bugs.

After I un-installed catorize, my battery life improved tremendously. I didn't have to install any third-party hildon-desktop. It's like someone asking you to replace Microsoft Windows Desktop with some third-party Desktop just so you can have an applications organizer. It makes no sense and it's laughable.

Bottom line: There IS a bug in Catorize that causes user's CPU to shoot up and battery to leak juice.

My N800: OS2008, Fanoush's initfs, SanDisk 4Gig x 2 SDHC, BoxWave FlexSkin and Sync Charger, Homebrew External Power Pack (4xAA NiMH Rechargeable 2400 mA)

Greetings from Sunny San Diego, California!

As Mohammad already stated, it's nokia's fault and not the fault of the catorize devs.

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Has anyone else had a problem with the Nokia Maps app draining battery under 1.3? I have used it twice since upgrading and both times my battery plummeted down to red/empty. I don't know for sure it was the map app, but I was using it both times this happened, and it only happened the two times I used the maps, so I don't think I am making a huge logical leap. I'd like to hear if others have seen anything similar before adding it to the list.

A moderated, ongoing discussion about battery drain suspects would be great to have (typically, its not clear cut whether an app is a culprit or not, and it requires input from multiple community members before anything conclusive can be said).

Problem is, neither a forum thread nor a wiki page would create a practical framework for this purpose, as it'd need to combine free form discussion with formal representation and active moderation to keep things tidy and remotely useful (a chaotic thread with wild guessing rather creates more confusion than clears it up).

The Following User Says Thank You to RFS-81 For This Useful Post:

Tags
let's eat