Guys,

Apologies if Im duplicating (couldn't see much talk about it) but you may or may not have noticed instructions are up for how to dual boot meego and maemo in the meego.com forums (as posted by stskeeps)

http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Install/Dual_Boot

Gave it a bash this evening and worked a treat. Meego 1.1 is as basic as you would expect and rough round the edges but was pleasantly suprised after following it for so long and reading other feedback at how functional it actually was. Even the speed was better than I expected from looking at the test reports and Im fairly positive my sdcard is no where need class 6.

I still have some noob questions like can I just overwrite the .raw on the sd card when a new image becomes available or to test meego 1.2 and restart the phone but I am still waiting on my registration email coming through for meego forums (thought I was already registered but obviously all these months I have just been a voyeur at the forums) so these will have to wait.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cferrism For This Useful Post:
I wonder if it's possible to install and Dual Boot Nitdroid & whatever else on N900 without a SD Card?! I got 23 gb free on my N900. Any feedback?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
bobaseth: It's possible. It's just not as safe just yet (but it's not horribly unsafe either). The details are covered on the nitdroid wiki and forum. so I recommend looking there.

Originally Posted by cferrism
I still have some noob questions like can I just overwrite the .raw on the sd card when a new image becomes available or to test meego 1.2 and restart the phone but I am still waiting on my registration email coming through for meego forums (thought I was already registered but obviously all these months I have just been a voyeur at the forums) so these will have to wait.
Well, you don't "override" the .raw , because you don't literally just move the .raw file to the card. It's like an .iso - you don't just copy it to a cd, you have to "burn" it onto the cd/dvd - with the raw, you 'burn'/'flash'/whatever-the-accepted-term-is the file to the card.

But, basically, if you can do than, then the next meego image, you can just repeat the process - wipe the card (reformat it), then format it with the next MeeGo image.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-11-02 at 22:38. Reason: Fixed quote tag.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Put up a video...i want to see what the hell is Meego.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
There's only been hundreds already. So sure. We'll take the time out of our lives to record outselves fiddling with MeeGo and upload it to the web, just because you don't know how to use the search bar in youtube, any other popular video site, or for that matter, any search engine.

- Edit -

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...andset+UX&aq=f

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-11-02 at 22:56. Reason: I'm in a good mood.

i try to Dual Boot Maemo 1.3 and Meego on N900 by using micro SD 8 GB and with windows vista and it was not work