Notices

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by RobertHall View Post
ahhhh....still send me the songs let me give it a go....
@marcello sent u an email as im unable to pm you
Please ensure you update https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6911 with any information you find.

@jaffa: in order to vote the bug I have to sign up... is there any another way to do that without registration?

@roberthall: I don't know why I can't receive/send pms... maybe because I subscribed to this forum only a few minutes ago.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
I have the same thing. All the "Greatest Hits" and "Live" albums end up having the same cover. And the same is also true for all other albums that have same name... I have a cover.jpg in each album folder as a cover art, not pictures embedded in ID tags.

Does the Bugzilla have a different login than TMO or maemo.org (garage)? For these two I have an account but I can not log in to Bugzilla with these accounts.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
@jaffa: in order to vote the bug I have to sign up... is there any another way to do that without registration?
No, you have to sign up. It's one of the three main accounts on maemo.org:
  1. talk.maemo.org
  2. bugs.maemo.org
  3. maemo.org

To participate in ranking downloads and helping test/QA you need #3. This is also the main account on which your karma accumulates.

To vote, raise and comment on bugs you need #2. As long as your email addresses match, Bugzilla activity earns you karma on a corresponding maemo.org account.

To post here you need #1. You can manually connect your talk.maemo.org account and maemo.org profile.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
I have the same thing. All the "Greatest Hits" and "Live" albums end up having the same cover. And the same is also true for all other albums that have same name... I have a cover.jpg in each album folder as a cover art, not pictures embedded in ID tags.
My cover arts are embedded in the mp3 files. However, if the album has the same name, the cover art doesn't even appear in the "medialocalart" folder on my N900. It just uses the cover (of the album with the same name) that is already there.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
My cover arts are embedded in the mp3 files. However, if the album has the same name, the cover art doesn't even appear in the "medialocalart" folder on my N900. It just uses the cover (of the album with the same name) that is already there.
I see the (wrong) covers in the artist view. In the album view these covers disappear and also the artist name changes to "various artists" (or something like that, I use the Finnish N900 so I am not sure if "various artists" is the exact term in English version).

Originally Posted by RobertHall View Post
ahhhh....still send me the songs let me give it a go....
Just did that... any luck? Even though I believe you'll experience the same issue...

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Portugal
I also have a similar problem. I ripped some of my cds and downloaded the cover througt the net and just add it to the folder. Everything was just fine but yesterday i did the same but now, the media player won't show the new covers (the others are just showing fine).

Someone can explain me that?

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Anyone solved this issue yet? It's a minor annoyance for me as I have two albums that show the same artwork, all tagged properly, work in Media Monkey and tried Mussgorsky to see if that'd fix it.

Rancid: Rancid
Rancid: Rancid [2000]

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Brighton, UK
Folks, you're all banging your heads against the proverbial brick wall. Nokia have already decided that this is the way that they want the N900 media player application to work.

If you take a look at bug 6911 on bugzilla, it's been flagged as RESOLVED/WONTFIX. It has also been marked as a duplicate of bug 7263, which is also marked as RESOLVED/WONTFIX.

I'm sure Andre won't mind me re-posting one of his comments on these bug reports:

Andrew: I've posted your comment 6 three times internally, no answer.
Feel free to draw your own conclusions.
Nokia are not going to fix this...as Andre says, feel free to draw your own conclusions.

The Following User Says Thank You to PhilE For This Useful Post: