Active Topics

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Nasa topographical maps don't really interest me... I already know I'm sitting about 20km north of the shore of Lake Ontario. What would interest me is google hybrid (or normal street level) maps.

How hard are these to load? How are they loaded? How are they calibrated? Can I use GPSDrive to store maps and look around without having to be GPS connected? (ie use it as a map reader?) If the sky were green, would we know where to stop mowing? Will I ever stop asking questions?

Cheers,
Hedge

Originally Posted by Chainsaw76
Do you know where the source for the nokia770 version is? I'm assuming they had to do some UI tweaking to get as far as they did.
-Jason
http://www.elisanet.fi/tapio.tolvanen/nokia770.html

- kepler

Has anyone gotten flite to work with the Nokia 770 yet? gpsdrive works with flite, so if we could ever get that working with the 770, it'd be cool to get it working with gpsdrive to announce intersections/directions/etc.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Chainsaw76: Please post that data about which files to edit. I will be testing the map downloading on-the-fly this week.

/var/lib/install/usr/bin/gpsdrive.sh
line 28:
Code:
/usr/bin/rfcomm connect 1 $GPSID 2>> /rmp/rfcomm.log
and line 32 change /dev/rfcomm0 to /dev/rfcomm1

-Jason