Hi, I have a problem reading data from a zephyr heart rate bt monitor using standard rfcomm ports.

Using it on a normal linux laptop with bt dongle runs fine, with:

* rfcomm bind /dev/rfcomm0 hrm_bt_addr
* cat /dev/rfcomm0

I see incoming data correctly (about 60 bytes per seconds) and I'm able to parse the protocol..

Doing the same on the n900 results in only 1-3 bytes per sec.

Using AF_BLUETOOTH sockets I'm able to read data correctly, but I'd like to investigate to understand if the broken rfcomm way is a my problem/mistake or a bug in bluez.

Anyone having a similar problem?

Thanks

Oh... it seems that setting tty raw mode fixes the problem.

I'm playing with talking to the same device.

Are you developing in QT or scratchbox?

Be curious to swap notes.

Thanks,
David

With Nokia Qt SDK driving bluez via dbus, then I open the resulting /dev/rfcomm* with posix api (as QFile did not emit signals when new data arrives) and a socketnotifyer.

I started my experiments for a simple reason, to have a big font display with my heart rate and a disabled screen dimming, to be able to read it during my 1 our cyclette session from 1/2 meters.

Next step is having espeak saying "please come on, you are going too slow"

Hmm, I would like to see your dbus code if you don't mind. I have not been able to find a good example of initiating RFcomm over DBUS in C.

After I manually create the /dev/rfcomm device, I am using a QT serial port application as the basis for my code. I'm getting packets, hope to work on my parser this weekend.

David