Posts: 152 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ void
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
And I request that people will tell me about having this problem, including the HW revision of their device.
Just posted the output in my last post.
Where to look for the HW revision?

Turned off the device. Found the label under the battery.
As for the 4-digit code, I only see a big 0434 between CE and the ! in circle. Is this what you want to see?

PS I can't boot the device without the charger as the device doesn't wake up on battery alone.
My microsd is a SanDisk 4GB Class2. I made three fat partitions, the 3rd being fat16 with boot flag all done by fdisk on another linux box.

Last edited by 009N; 2010-11-11 at 14:04.

is there no easy way to do it...?
my brain is going to blown away...

The files should be on a fat partition that is the third partition /dev/sdb3 in Linux if in usb SD card reader. This is how an SD prepared for meego boot is partitioned. You can use another partition, but then you need to run the commands manually.

It is better that the device is not plugged.
If I use another partition, can you please provide the manual commands?

Thanks to another member's tip I got the backlight back (hit some key when uboot loads, enter 'reset'). Now I see the whole output and the correction is in this post.

Originally Posted by moreli View Post
If I use another partition, can you please provide the manual commands?
I am also curious about this because I see "mmcboot" in the short list of commands upon booting in uboot.
Issuing mmcboot gives this:
Code:
Booting from mmc ...
Wrong Image Format for bootm command
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
So would it be possible for someone to create a bootable image so that we can boot off SD and then find ways to repair the system?

Here's a guide for people who got "starting kernel" heng with power44.

http://my.svgalib.org/770/n900/u-boot/u-boot-n900.zip

1 - Expand attached archived on SD (must be on third Fat partition)
2 - Start N900 and enter on u-boot interactive console (by booting with open keyboard and pressing any key).
3 - Type mmc init and press enter
4 - Type run loadbootscript and press enter
5 - Type run bootscript and press enter

This should run maemo with stock PR1.3 kernel (included in the zip file).

After booting I suggest downgrading to power43 kernel with the command (as root):

apt-get install kernel-power=2.6.28-maemo43 kernel-power-modules=2.6.28-maemo43 kernel-power-flasher=2.6.28-maemo43

And I request that people will tell me about having this problem, including the HW revision of their device.
Damn.. I almost booted this way.. but battery hanged on... it dont charge because u-boot... not pluged int hte wall or the usb pc... don charge... its charges for 2 min... the u-boot loads then stops chagengin.. both ways... man... work more on u-boot before launches and please.. put that if ist not the original kernel it cant be installed...

Originally Posted by gamowar View Post
Damn.. I almost booted this way.. but battery hanged on... it dont charge because u-boot... not pluged int hte wall or the usb pc... don charge... its charges for 2 min... the u-boot loads then stops chagengin.. both ways... man... work more on u-boot before launches and please.. put that if ist not the original kernel it cant be installed...
Nah... did that...
init mmc
--> mmc available
run loadbootscript
-->boot.scr loaded
run bootscript
--> ...
loading bla bla bla...
check 1 ok
check 2 ok
starting kernel....

>> freeze <<

One day without cellphone.. only because i wanted to update some conversations plugins.. Man.. realy pissd-off

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by Kenny1001 View Post
for me the command
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R also doesnt work.
Saying it "doesnt work" doesn't help. Posting any error messages, any observations is of more help.

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by 009N View Post
okay I've exhausted all combinations:

Command: flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --flash-only=kernel -f -R
so uboot loads no matter how.
battery out -> start flasher -> plug usb -> battery in?