Yes I will add other buttons. The only problem is I need to make the buttons smaller to fit full qwerty board, I will put a new version up later today to replace the old one

The differences in keys you see on the screen and what gets typed is because that depends on the keyboard map used in XP.

So we need to make custom keymaps for US, Scandinavian etc.

I will make a US Keymap also.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii
Originally Posted by cobra77 View Post
Yes I will add other buttons. The only problem is I need to make the buttons smaller to fit full qwerty board, I will put a new version up later today to replace the old one

The differences in keys you see on the screen and what gets typed is because that depends on the keyboard map used in XP.

So we need to make custom keymaps for US, Scandinavian etc.

I will make a US Keymap also.
thanks, Tom; I look forward to it.

I have updated the Package with a US keymap. The keyboard has more keys now and the keys are smaller. You prob. need to use the stylus to type.

If you want to use the US layout you need to rename it to TK-Board.jpg
or edit the tkboard.py file to load TK-Board_us.jpg

I also updated the server program so please use the new package or the new keyboard will not work.

-Tom

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I have updated the Package with a US keymap. The keyboard has more keys now and the keys are smaller. You prob. need to use the stylus to type.

I also updated the server program so please use the new package or the new keyboard will not work.

-Tom
where is the link to the new keyboard. i could not find the question mark!! anyway this post is from the wif key board with me cozy in bed with the n800 with me along with a wireless mouse. now i can reply to itt right from my bed.

Thank you very much cobra!!

Nice

I updated the original package. So just download from http://www.kopra.net/Package.zip

-Tom

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
yeah i downloaded the latest version and did not need to change anything except the ip address. still can be used with fingers..... as you can see from this post

eagerly waiting for mouse support!!!

Ok, mouse support will be added tomorrow, also the leds in the top will be activated in the next release (making promises I can't keep )

Now to bed Zzzzz....

-Tom

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Another success story here...

Is there any way to get this to work backwards? In other words... I'd like to use my desktop computer keyboard to type into N800... Makes all those Xterm stuff much easier...

If its Xterm you need, you can always install dropbear and ssh into your tablet. For other applications, VNC might work.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii

-Tom
Superb Tom!
Thanks for the US keymap; it worked flawlessly.